Is bite impression accurate and reliable?

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
Do you approve of taking impressions with bite impression trays?
Is there anything we should keep in mind when dealing with this kind of impressions?
db7fc46ac7753582081234989214aaf4.jpg

Sent from my PadFone T008 using Tapatalk

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
If the patient bites to much to posterior of the quadrants the plastic will be deformed until removed from patients mouth and plastic will snap back into original position.

This can be mitigated by clipping the posterior section prior to loading with impression material to prevent it from deforming the bite by snapping back. It will be cut so the impression material will hold it.
Keep in mind that you’re not cutting through the fabric. Only the bit of plastic.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i disapprove.

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
Using a bite tray to take impressions is ludicrous. There is no, to little support for the impression material. Why use a tray at all, just stuff the patients mouth full on impression material. Have some of these dentists completely lost it or are they just ignorant?!

user name

user name

Reaction score
If that's the technique to be used, I prefer Discus Dental trays. They use a ridged metal frame.
Denmat_Hol_1349_The-Gripper-Tray_3816.jpg

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
All my work is pretty much bite impression trays.
free end bite, 3 unit bridge on impression trays, with 2 teeth to get mount correctly.

I have heard why would I want to scan the mouth which takes 10 minutes when I can just plop and impression in the mouth in 30 seconds and walk away.

I have made some mistakes of over closing the bite with these more then I would like to admit. It can be a real pain when only the impression tray is sent. No bite or anything. I try my best but sometimes I fail to predict the proper occlusion.

I usually cut away the excessive impression material to try and make it like a bite after pouring the model. It helps with the spongy/ bounce effect when doing the articulation.