Is 3shape E3 Scanner is suitable for Impression Scanning?

Aditya Sawant

Aditya Sawant

Reaction score
Dear All,
I have E3 scanner which I have tried for impression scanning and results were not satisfactory. has any one tried this with E3 scanner? any suggestion or recommendation for such kind of workflow as I would like to test this in details. let me know your opinions.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
It will work. And now with 2019 you can scan a stone die and bring that in while scanning for better margins. But impression scanning is only as good as the impression it taken. lol E4 would be better though.

T

TheITguy

Reaction score
We have not had the best luck with our impression scanner either. The system definitely needs some improvements.

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
We haven't had much luck, but we were using an E1

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
It will work. And now with 2019 you can scan a stone die and bring that in while scanning for better margins. But impression scanning is only as good as the impression it taken. lol E4 would be better though.
We tried doing the hybrid method. The proximals were different on the printed models vs stone. Was too light on printed models (Asiga Max)

DreN4do

DreN4do

Donator
Reaction score
I cannot wait till we get the E4 printer next week.... damn the D900. lol so frigging loud

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Congratulations, you have an excellent scanner there. Trade you my D1000 for your E4? :)
I'm sure Alien milling also likes the free promotion you gave them :)

DreN4do

DreN4do

Donator
Reaction score
Congratulations, you have an excellent scanner there. Trade you my D1000 for your E4? :)
I'm sure Alien milling also likes the free promotion you gave them :)
Sorry buddy. That scanner is going nowhere. Lol. As far as alien milling. They were one of the sponsors of the LMT LAB DAY WEST. Got some free stuff from them (Love their mouse pad) and got to meet one of the owners. Great guy

DreN4do

DreN4do

Donator
Reaction score
With that said, I'm going to have a D900 with the computer and a couple of accessories for sale soon. Anyone interested, message me.

DreN4do

DreN4do

Donator
Reaction score
Sorry buddy. That scanner is going nowhere. Lol. As far as alien milling. They were one of the sponsors of the LMT LAB DAY WEST. Got some free stuff from them (Love their mouse pad) and got to meet one of the owners. Great guy
15669458955922663605589659325101.jpg

annsman

annsman

Reaction score
We tried doing the hybrid method. The proximals were different on the printed models vs stone. Was too light on printed models (Asiga Max)
We worked on that a year ago and we were thinking of revisiting the idea again with a upgraded printer. We have a formslab2 and it failed too often. And we could only do about 5 max.
How do you like your Asiga Max? How many models can you do at a time, lets say quads and how long does it take to print?
Thanks

annsman

annsman

Reaction score
How much was it and have you used the e3. We have the e3 and we really want to move forward with scanning impressions only about 20% of the Drs do digital impressions. We were told the E3 could do them but how much of the time 30% 50 % 70%? We didnt know if it was the printer or the scanner.

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
We worked on that a year ago and we were thinking of revisiting the idea again with a upgraded printer. We have a formslab2 and it failed too often. And we could only do about 5 max.
How do you like your Asiga Max? How many models can you do at a time, lets say quads and how long does it take to print?
Thanks
We like our Max. About 6 quads in 45min I think

annsman

annsman

Reaction score
We like our Max. About 6 quads in 45min I think
Do you stand them on their ends? When we did that on the formlabs 2 the interprox contacts became distorted and the models were unusable

annsman

annsman

Reaction score
I got a sample from whip mix and they printed them flat down with the base on the build plate. It doesn't seem that even 4 would barely fit. Am I understanding something wrong?
Thanks
Ann

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
Do you stand them on their ends? When we did that on the formlabs 2 the interprox contacts became distorted and the models were unusable
Base flat to the plate