Is 3shape E3 Scanner is suitable for Impression Scanning?

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
I got a sample from whip mix and they printed them flat down with the base on the build plate. It doesn't seem that even 4 would barely fit. Am I understanding something wrong?
Thanks
Ann
1-2 full arches or 4-6 quads, depending on size

T

TANYARAMIREZCDT

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm having trouble getting correct articulation. Ihave an Asiga Max printer/ 3Shape ModelBuilder v.2018. Anyone else experience this and solved the issue?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm having trouble getting correct articulation. Ihave an Asiga Max printer/ 3Shape ModelBuilder v.2018. Anyone else experience this and solved the issue?
That's a bit vague to answer. Can you expand on what is the exact issue?
Printing model with stops and it's off?
Printing model with articulator and it's off?
Printing modle without articualtor or stops and it doesn't hand articulate like the scandata image?
What scanner? What resin?

Also, since this is a different question, you'll probably get answers better with a new thread. If it's not a E3 scanner, you definately want to start a new thread.

T

TANYARAMIREZCDT

Reaction score
That's a bit vague to answer. Can you expand on what is the exact issue?
Printing model with stops and it's off?
Printing model with articulator and it's off?
Printing modle without articualtor or stops and it doesn't hand articulate like the scandata image?
What scanner? What resin?

Also, since this is a different question, you'll probably get answers better with a new thread. If it's not a E3 scanner, you definately want to start a new thread.

I'll definitely start a new thread, thanks!
[mod edit: merged with new thread]

Last edited by a moderator:
C

ConCAD

Reaction score
We have been having good success with impression scanning single unit cases with stone dies using an e3. We use 3d systems 3600mjp for our check models. I recommend it, it’s nice to see the technology advance. I’ll be even happier when every impression is digital.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We have been having good success with impression scanning single unit cases with stone dies using an e3. We use 3d systems 3600mjp for our check models. I recommend it, it’s nice to see the technology advance. I’ll be even happier when every impression is digital.
Did you have to pay for the impression scanning module or was it included in your software?

C

ConCAD

Reaction score
Did you have to pay for the impression scanning module or was it included in your software?
I’m pretty certain it is included, I do sometimes get my modules mixed up though. 🙂