IPC construction video here

L

labdude

Reaction score
Hi Don,
There are a few of us here that have posted pictures and descriptions of various appliances and methods.
How about joining us and sharing the IPC construction??

This would be a great place to put up IPC info and make it available to labs across the world. You could direct people here for answers to their questions on the IPC as your info, the best info, on the IPC would be here.
Also, it would be added to over time by peoples experience with the IPC and their techniques.
Possibly for yourself and your WKE group, there are a few ideas on acrylic handling and appliances as well. Just go through the posts by title or use the archives, in the Orthodontic Forum. Much to travis's dismay, the largest and most active forum on the site. We all would benefit greatly if the entire WKE group participated. Maybe a sub-forum in Orthodontics could be placed for the WKE group.
Come on in, share and have some stimulating conversation.
Mike.

Last edited:
Inman Labs

Inman Labs

Reaction score
Mike:

I will be delighted to join in and share everything we have learned so far regarding the IPCs. I need to learn how to post pictures and such, I will need your help.

My older son has almost finished a video featuring Step by Step instructions making the new style Distalizer, I will post it on my website and put a link here.

Mike today you will receive the IPCs, Coil Wire and some different types of tubes.
It will come UPS and also has a bunch of design pictures, all new stuff that is not on the website.

I will be going into "Jam Mode" for the next few days getting ready for the AAO and I will be absent from this site until late next week.

Anyone live near Denver? I could really use a good technician at my booth!

Regards,
Don

L

labdude

Reaction score
Hi Don,
Thank you for your participation.
Posting pictures can be done by using the menu at the bottom of a post. Go Advanced, it says. Uploaded pictures can only be 97k in a post, but, you can place about 7 or 8 pictures in the post. Browse through the thread about Bionators, etc. you will see some examples. Like anything else, new to learn, but once you do it, it is easy.
Like Teofil and Cade have done, they post a link to another site for displaying pictures and tutorials. Just do the easiest thing for you. A link to youtube for the video is a good idea as well.
Enjoy the AAO and we'll look forward to hearing from you here when you return. Those meetings are exciting and intense. At least for me they were. I do remeber talking to some of the regulars years ago, I don't really remember names. Some of those guys, it's just another day, another boring sales job. For me as a small lab, it was a real enjoyable time.
Thanks again for the IPC units and all your help.
Mike.

Inman Labs

Inman Labs

Reaction score
Mike:

I should be packing but I am trying to at least post this one photo.

I love the AAO but by the forth day of the hall I am ready to come home.
The WKE Meeting when all the lab people get together is my favorite.

When I get back I will figure how to so more here so I can share more.

Don
011_11.jpg

L

labdude

Reaction score
Thanks Don. Nice post.
The exhibitors hall can be boring. Do the meeting things you need to do. Enjoy the trip and we'll all look forward to your posts when you get back.
Mike.

L

labdude

Reaction score
Hi Don,
As you promised, the IPC units came in today. More pieces than I expected and more info as well.
I thank you very much for setting right the situation with Space Maintainers of Calif.
You are the best thing I have seen happen to Space Maintainers in 30 years. You will bring them an outstanding representation for the soth east I'm sure.
Also, I just checked out my bank account, Space Maintainers of Calif. finally refunded me for the incorrect order. I wonder if they will figure out how to send a call tag from ups to get their parts back????
Your the man Don!
Mike.

Inman Labs

Inman Labs

Reaction score
Hello All:
My son made this video to be shown a the AAO, sorry about the spelling...he gets that from me!

YouTube - 2008 IPC Distalizer

I will be gone until next Thursday, I will check back here then to answer any questions.

Don

Inman Labs

Inman Labs

Reaction score
Mike:

Can you create a link for my son's video...I don't know how.
It is a video on how to make the 2008 IPC Distalizer

Thanks,
Don

Inman Labs

Inman Labs

Reaction score
Mike you ARE THE MAN....thanks....

So Mike.. I will wear suits for Sat and Sunday at the AAO but I want to dress down to Logo Wear Mon and Tues. What are your thoughts here? My mentor always wants me to "Suit Up" but I am a casual person and feel suits are for weddings and funerals!

Off to pack,
Don

L

labdude

Reaction score
Hi Don,
I was just over at youtube watching the video. Awesome. I can't thank you enough. A couple of people here were asking about construction and assembly instructions. That covers it!1 Thanks Nick. Awesome job.

Who's your mentor??? Myself, I always did dress down to logo type wear during the last days. Far more comfortable and it seemed to relax the atmosphere at the booth. I never had more than 1 booth at those shindigs. Also, I've only been to AAO twice. 1985 and I believe it was 1990. It was in Seattle anyhow. I have been to so many PCSO exhibitor meetings I don't remeber how many.
Enjoy the time there. Thing that I enjoyed the most about the meetings was, the feeling of, I did it myself. I got here myself. I lucked into a lab job, then opened my own. I lived alone with my mom, no input from dad.
The area I grew up in L.A., it would have been easier to steal or sell drugs etc.
So, I do understand the regulars not feeling to charged about being at an AAO, just was completely different for me. What a great time it was!!! What a great life its been!!! I am 1 lucky bastard!! You have fun there, enjoy your sons. They are lucky to have you as their Dad.
Mike.

L

labdude

Reaction score
About fixing that youtube thing. I pm to Travis about it. He fixed it before I knew it. I mean I gave him a call, he answers the phone, yeah I already did it, he says. Travis is fast. I can't take the credit for that one!
Mike.

Inman Labs

Inman Labs

Reaction score
WOW the youtube video has had over 150 views....

Thanks so much Travis and Mike for helping me post it!

Have a great weekend,
Don

L

labdude

Reaction score
My usual job here would be to say that I have watched it 149 times!!
But...that's just the way I am.:rolleyes::)

Inman Labs

Inman Labs

Reaction score
My son can't believe so many have watched it, he thinks we are all geeks!

L

labdude

Reaction score
You could maybe point out that us geeks are making some real serious bucks.
And, As I'm sure they know, that attracts real women!!!
Dudes, from a geek if you like, what your dad and I do, holds life by the nose and kicks it in the ass!!
Nothing more fun than being successful, nothing better. Everything in life you want comes along with it.
As for being a geek, check out my scope shed. It's in the picture gallery. I have since, finished the interior a little farther. All electrical is in, computer is in. I just need to put in the black floor tiles and base board and I will be done. I'll post pictures of it in the fall, if not sooner. There is a 16" newtonian, and a 10" sct on the pier. Pier goes through the floor and is 4 feet into the ground for stability. Total weight of the peir is 1760 lbs. The roof rolls completely off to an outrigger setup, at the touch of a button. The shed is 10X14.
Astronomy, now there is a geek hobby.
Rob.....he's just a geek.
Mike.

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
What the Crap!!
How come i'm just seeing this post? Just popped up today as one I havent read. Where has this one been hiding? I though ive been all over these boards (ortho section) but here's this one posted 5-13-08 and im just seeing it on 6-01-08! What the crap!!
I cant believe it has taken me this long to see the IPC video. Don, tell nick he did an awesome job, I like the music, too. Reminds me of my Rave days here in Texas.;)

I guess Im gonna have to stay on my toes around here! or else I got on one of the moderators bad side and he is keeping post from me!:mad::(:)
Im not naming names I will just use the code name "the Dude"

Hee Hee

Teofil

Teofil

Reaction score
My first IPC distalizer.
I made it today, not much to look at but not bad for first try :eek:

L

labdude

Reaction score
Hi Cade,
Yeah, it's just you Cade. I follow your every move.
Really....I just renamed the thread. It was "Don Inman and the IPC".
Then the psot of the video was placed here. I didn't think it was being looked at enough as the video post was buried in it. I tried to make the video part more visible in a simple way. Suppose I could have moved it to it's own place.
Any how,now it's getting looked at.
This could and does serve as a message to everyone here, check all the older posts, this site is loaded with info you will miss if you don't.
All good posts or maybe 5 star posts maybe could be moved to their own thread, in their own catagory,
within the proper forum, to make them more visible. Still, those goodies would slide down the line of posts in a forum unless they are made "sticky". HHHHMMMMmmmmm.
I'll try something like that when time allows.
Mike.

Top Bottom