IOS scan accuracy

K

K&ADesign

Reaction score
Has anyone had an issue with IOS cases scan accuracy? I've experienced this with bridges mainly. The case is designed digitally; 3d models are printed and finished on the printed model. Everything is perfect. Once the crown is seated in the patient mouth, it does fit. A traditional impression is taken, and when compared, it is different from the IOS scan. This has happened to me before. I haven't got a clear answer to this problem when contacting the manufacturer. My best guess is that the scan is not stitching correctly due to the scanning technician technic. If this is the case, is there a way to check the quality of the scan?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Bingo stitching is the issue, Unfortunitly no way to really truly check. Dr is most likely not following the proper scan path, or the assistants are not. What type of IO scanner?

Z

ztech

Reaction score
I had this also. Bad stitch from buccal to lingual. Dr. took analog impression and I added the mesh with a scan I made of that and the difference was .1 mm on the lingual. This was with Itero.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Do you have a link for that article, I could only find the one from 3Shape's website.
edit: Never mind, I found it at a place I hardly ever go to...Facebook, on their Facebook page, of course :)

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
lol

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
So now we are full circle.
A bad digital impression.
Rofl Rofl

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I thought that digital was supposed to eliminate this stuff.. Bebored #nottrolling

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
you hockey pucks still doing bridges?
1630603661396.png

K

K&ADesign

Reaction score
Bingo stitching is the issue, Unfortunitly no way to really truly check. Dr is most likely not following the proper scan path, or the assistants are not. What type of IO scanner?
This case, in particular, is an itero scan, but I've seen this all across the board. I've noticed that it usually happens with clients just beginning to do IOS cases, not all ways the case. If there is no way to check the scan for accuracy, I would suggest the OS make the technical re-scan the prep scan to compare it to the original scan. Idk just a thought. It's costing us time and $$$$

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
inefficiencies in the Luxor cloud interface could be your problem.

Top Bottom