Introducing the MiYO Esthetic Finishing System!

Gru

Gru

Ratings
798 3
The only thing keeping me from buying MiYo, is that I don't care for my Jensen rep., she drives me nuts.
Seriously, don't let that get in the way.
Or call and ask for Kevin- he'll try his best to drive you nuts too, then you can join the rest of us nuts!

C

charles007

Ratings
1,040 16
Haven't opened my MiYo kit yet.
For the older users of MiYo, what brush/.brand & size works best ?

K

KIM

Ratings
335 2
are you saying that Lustre Paste is compatible with this at the same firing?
No, I was referring to all MiYO materials being compatible to one another.
Seriously, don't let that get in the way.
Or call and ask for Kevin- he'll try his best to drive you nuts too, then you can join the rest of us nuts!
Haha! I drive myself nuts, happy to help others get there too!

Kam Yu

Kam Yu

Ratings
Haven't opened my MiYo kit yet.
For the older users of MiYo, what brush/.brand & size works best ?
For the coloring, i use my usual stain brush which is naoki’s stain brush. For the structure, i find a stiffer (synthetic) brush works better. I use a stain brush size for this too. You dont really want to keep too much moisture in your brush so i think smaller is better.

Stacey

Stacey

Sponsors
Ratings
NEW WEBINAR: What is MiYO™ & why are so many people talking about it?
Attend & learn how MiYO is enabling dental technicians to mirror the internal characteristics, surface texture, color & vitality of natural teeth with their monolithic restorations.

REGISTER HERE: https://goo.gl/uxNPTZ

miyo_black_tm.png

K

KIM

Ratings
335 2
Hey CreativeTech! It was great to see you last week during your Medit T500 training! Enjoyed hearing about your MiYO experience as well, sounds like you're doing great with it so far! More exciting news to come soon!

K

KIM

Ratings
335 2
Are you guys using the spray glaze or the Insync glaze paste?
Sirmorty, I will keep my feedback brief as I want others to chime in but.....we are seeing a lot of clients self glaze with MiYO or use InSync glaze paste (Not spray)....There is a lot of flexibility in application....

S

sirmorty

Ratings
121 4
Well reading the manual says to not apply the glaze paste and the effects at the same time. So for me that's an extra firing for the paste. Not using the spray,

I don't know about the self glazing. In my short time with the kit. I would say that you need to fire some glaze on it.

I guess it depends on how you condition the crown before. I know in the webinar they say not to sand blast. I tried just steaming and I tried running in the ultrasonic but I find that any area I did adjust on the color would not really stick. It would sort of puddle around the adjust area. I found that sandblasting very lightly and then a steam clean worked to get around that.

For now I'm still playing around with the kit.

CreativeTech

CreativeTech

Ratings
28 1
I use Insync glaze paste along with the MIYO colors. Fired in one shot & it looks fantastic. I did however reduce the hold time, otherwise it would over glaze.

Car 54

Car 54

Ratings
2,452 28
---------
I guess it depends on how you condition the crown before. I know in the webinar they say not to sand blast. I tried just steaming and I tried running in the ultrasonic but I find that any area I did adjust on the color would not really stick. It would sort of puddle around the adjust area. I found that sandblasting very lightly and then a steam clean worked to get around that.

Same here, lightly sand blasting then steaming to help get rid of the surface tension.

K

KIM

Ratings
335 2
Well reading the manual says to not apply the glaze paste and the effects at the same time. So for me that's an extra firing for the paste. Not using the spray,

I don't know about the self glazing. In my short time with the kit. I would say that you need to fire some glaze on it.

James recommends "Scrubbing" some InSync glaze paste onto the surface of the ZR to reduce surface tension. Reducing surface tension is really important, no matter your process (Sandblasting or scrubbing InSync glaze paste)....Your reference to "Not really sticking" is definitely surface tension...

K

KIM

Ratings
335 2
is there good training for usage pf the material?
We have a website that we are adding to regularly as we build libraries of webinars, presentations, ebooks, etc. that MiYO users have access to....so far, the comments about this form of training/education has been very positive but we will be doing more live webinars and education as we continue to ramp up the market.

Car 54

Car 54

Ratings
2,452 28
is there good training for usage pf the material?
When you buy the system, they send you a link (MiYO member log-in Jensen website) to 3 Training videos, and 2 Instructional videos, Quick Start guide, and a 20 page pdf Instructional book. I've watched most of them once, but now just mainly by trial and error in my own hands, and what I'm seeing.

For now, I'm not doing anything major as far as anterior razzle-dazzle with the system but just simple anterior staining and posterior staining, occlusal ridge and contact add ons with the structure paste etc.

edit: for clarification

Last edited:
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Ratings
1,552 29
When you buy the system, they send you a link (MiYO member log-in Jensen website) to 3 Training videos, and 2 Instructional videos, Quick Start guide, and a 20 page pdf Instructional book. I've watched most of them once, but now just mainly by trial and error in my own hands, and what I'm seeing.

For now, I'm not doing anything major as far as anterior razzle-dazzle with the system but just simple anterior staining and posterior staining, ridge contact add ons with the structure paste etc.
awesome, please keep me posted. near to pulling the trigger on a kit myself. just lots of things up in the air over here and want to be sure its what i want!

Kam Yu

Kam Yu

Ratings

James mentions in the webinars that he does not sandblast because some credible studies have shown it weakens the zr strength. But it is a personal preference. It is the easiest way to break the surface tension but using a low viscosity layer of insync glaze before applying miyo does a good job of reducing tension. And you can get a crown colored and glazed in one bake this way. Lumin color saved my butt again today. Sintered a zr crown as A2 but was supposed to be A1. One layer of lumin fixed it. Booyah!

Car 54

Car 54

Ratings
2,452 28
For the recommendation of not sandblasting the surface, you can always use a Kleenex with some of the porcelain laying in the bottom of your porc build up drawer. Otherwise, put a little normal pfm/emax etc porc on a pallet and dab your Kleenex into some water, pick some of the porc. up with the Kleenex, and scrub the surface then steam clean it, will take care of the surface tension. It's a lot cheaper than using InSync glaze paste.

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!