Intraoral scan w/Hiossen MINI original scanbody. How do i make a custom abutment anybody?

A

AKDental

Reaction score
Hi I am using meditlink and exocad and i received a digital impression scan for tooth#24 and an original hiossen mini
scanbody was used. So I was wondering if anyone knows how to use the exocad library for hiossen to make a custom abutment.
I don't know what i would choose as the implant type.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
your DentalCADAPP/Library/Implant folder will need to contain a library that has a Hiossen Mini premill, and an Hiossen Mini scan body.

i suggest you speak with Hiossen, or Dess, or other component manufacturers who may have hiossen compatible products and get a library from them.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I received a scan for a screw retained crown for Hiossen. I downloaded the library from exocad, but when I try to make a model it says no model analog file available. I spoke with someone there and cannot get a answer. I tried to use expert to switch implant connection at the end to Dess with no luck, anyone have a solution for this issue. TIA
Mike

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I received a scan for a screw retained crown for Hiossen. I downloaded the library from exocad, but when I try to make a model it says no model analog file available. I spoke with someone there and cannot get a answer. I tried to use expert to switch implant connection at the end to Dess with no luck, anyone have a solution for this issue. TIA
Mike
If you get to a point where creating the model isn't feasible, you could communicate the issue with your doctor. In this case, I would let them know I was going to fabricate the restoration without a model and that they may have to do a bit of adjusting on the contacts and occlusion to seat it at delivery since you don't have a model. We do regular crowns without models all the time. The only issue with doing implant crowns the same way is that we always cement the crowns to the abutments on the model. There may be a slight wiggle in the crown on the abutment depending on how intimate the fit is.