Interested in advice of opening my own removables lab.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Personally I am waiting on digital dentures. Without a mill I don't have the work flow. Ivolcars system is the best imo, also probably the priciest. Personally I prefer carded teeth. High end teeth like Phonares 2 cannot be matched by a milled acrylic material yet.
Vita Vigo...but too dam pricey currently.

F

Fullservice

Reaction score
Let's just say... for argument... I have 10 removable accounts and they average $1000/month each. They have about a nil remake rate and know how to do analog.
Please explain WHY and HOW LONG until their ROI makes sense to their accountants to go digital dentures?
Serious question. Thanks...
I'm gonna let the dentists sway me.... I cant steer them.

PS.
Glued in teeth on denture bases???? Now THAT'S funny.
Sprayed dentures???? Even funnier!
Scanning soft tissue arches??? Kinda like your feet. If it's the beginning of the day your shoes slip on easy. End of the day???? Your feet swell... Where is the patient in their day when the scan is done.....
And how ya gonna orient the edentulous arches for the virtual try in of that monobloc mouth terd?
Merry Christmas!
Great answer on all points, one of the many reasons I changed from C&B (with a denture every now and then). To basically nothing but dentures. I’m an old fart who would ROI at the retirement home. So I’ll just puddle along. I don’t know if I would like to be opening a lab right now. Depending on the person, it could be the greatest thing for a young person, money, marketing, media and talent . That formula is working, the one man high end boutique lab, is gone. That’s why I’m making dentures and it’s fun.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
boutique labs open and become extremely successful when their over bloated super duper MEGA lab local competition turns out endless droves of sh*t work. I'll be successful charging more for quality work, and there is actually room to raise pricing above the crap competition.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
boutique labs open and become extremely successful when their over bloated super duper MEGA lab local competition turns out endless droves of sh*t work. I'll be successful charging more for quality work, and there is actually room to raise pricing above the crap competition.
It's how I've made a good living

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Go to denturism school for 2 years and enjoy making a living that doesnt solely revolve around huffing monomer.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Go to denturism school for 2 years and enjoy making a living that doesnt solely revolve around huffing monomer.
You guys take the fun outta everything.
Smokin