Installing a new copy of Exocad ?

• Thread starter Getoothachopper
  • Start date
Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
My computer (windows 10) did something weird today and all my programs have gone . Iv'e tried recovery and a bunch of other things but nothing . So i'm going to format the lot and reinstall windows. So my question is where do I go to get a fresh copy of Exocad ,2016 I think (with the automatic tooth placement,,,,,,although I prefer the 2015 version with out it) Once iv'e got it installed I guess the dongle will automatically verify and it should work ? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Also on a side note I will need to get collab 2017 for my identica 300 scanner ,I'm guessing from the Medit site . Any one who has done this have any tips for me it would be much appreciated . Exo.jpg

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Do you remember the build number of the version you had? Once a new version comes out the old is gone like a fart in the wind. I gave some old versions around, but it would be helpful to know the build number to avoid down loading and installing a bunch of stuff that no worky.
Otherwise you will have to update your dongle contract for the new version and all that goes with it.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Do you remember the build number of the version you had? Once a new version comes out the old is gone like a fart in the wind. I gave some old versions around, but it would be helpful to know the build number to avoid down loading and installing a bunch of stuff that no worky.
Otherwise you will have to update your dongle contract for the new version and all that goes with it.
No I don't know . Iv'e only had it for about a year . I bought the whole computer + dongle through eBay from a lab in Canada . Zero sent me the link for 2015 copy which I much prefer (I only do simple stuff in the lab) So I'm hoping the dongle will work with the older program . I will look at my history on eBay and see if the version was listed in the lab .

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
My computer (windows 10) did something weird today and all my programs have gone . Iv'e tried recovery and a bunch of other things but nothing . So i'm going to format the lot and reinstall windows. So my question is where do I go to get a fresh copy of Exocad ,2016 I think (with the automatic tooth placement,,,,,,although I prefer the 2015 version with out it) Once iv'e got it installed I guess the dongle will automatically verify and it should work ? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Also on a side note I will need to get collab 2017 for my identica 300 scanner ,I'm guessing from the Medit site . Any one who has done this have any tips for me it would be much appreciated . View attachment 35450
I suggest get a second hard drive, install windows what ever version you want and make the original one a slave to the new one.This way you do not loose the files you have on te original hard drive.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
I suggest get a second hard drive, install windows what ever version you want and make the original one a slave to the new one.This way you do not loose the files you have on te original hard drive.
That's a great idea , Thank you :)

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
I suggest to sync to a big online drive so you have aces from where you want. I have 2 TB so a lot to do and just need to pick up the dongle

Last edited: