Insertion Guide for Multiple Anterior Crowns

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
So I’ve got an account who apparently has a problem seating multiple anterior units with any precision. He cuts a nice prep and I advised maybe cutting a little retention groove to help with placement. But he says it’s not always a rotation issue but also sometimes it’s not having them positioned properly bucco-lingually. I don’t really understand why he has the problems but he thinks he would like to use some sort of insertion guide. I thought about doing something out of a rigid putty but I think I would prefer a material similar to the hard plastic insertion guides like Atlantis makes. Those appear to be printed.

Has anybody ever scanned a model and created a printed or milled guide such as this? Something that would maybe cover 1/3 to 1/2 of the crowns?

Input is appreciated!

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
Not even sure where I saw this a while ago but it's the first thing that came to my mind

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Not even sure where I saw this a while ago but it's the first thing that came to my mind

That makes me think of a Fox plane. Probably just as easy to get and modify one so you can place multiple anywhere simultaneously.

Does make me wonder how they expect to keep a sanitized environment.

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
Google firstfit veneers, pretty sure it’s proprietary but they have a really slick seating jig for veneers, might give you some ideas for your own version.

Top Bottom