Inquiries about learning

S

Solaufein

Reaction score
Hello, I am a dental assistant that is interested in learning towards becoming a CDT.
My plans have been pushed back months due to COVID-19. I was wondering if anyone
has any information about online courses within US. I don't really know where to start so
I wanted to go around asking more experienced people how to go about it and this forum
seems like a perfect start.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am a dental assistant that is interested in learning towards becoming a CDT.
My plans have been pushed back months due to COVID-19. I was wondering if anyone
has any information about online courses within US. I don't really know where to start so
I wanted to go around asking more experienced people how to go about it and this forum
seems like a perfect start.
Welcome. And congratulations on your desire for personal growth.

Start here:
and here:

That will give you all the information to achieve your goal, but as you know from assistant class to real world assistant there is a gap between these levels. Reading here will fill that gap.

The bulk of the knowledge test is in the AirForce manual to get you through the paper test, getting some experience will be needed to get through the practical part of the test.

There are more than a few CDT here that can tell you about the practical part when you get closer to doing that.

As yet there are really no manuals or training documents to get you through the myriad of digital options as each operates just a bit different after getting your scans.

Are you looking to become the in-house tech or looking to ...?

S

Solaufein

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the resources.
And yes, I am looking to be the in house tech in my current office.
The doctor uses the 3Shape Trios to scan and send out cases and is willing to invest in the lab towards CAD/CAM.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the resources.
And yes, I am looking to be the in house tech in my current office.
The doctor uses the 3Shape Trios to scan and send out cases and is willing to invest in the lab towards CAD/CAM.
You will also need to have 5 years of hands on experience before you can start testing for your CDT.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You will also need to have 5 years of hands on experience before you can start testing for your CDT.
Required or suggeated to keep from wasting everyone's time?

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Required or suggeated to keep from wasting everyone's time?
Unless they’ve changed it, you either had to be a graduate of a dental lab school or you had to have 5 years of experience before you could take the comprehensive exam, and then you can take the practical.

Top Bottom