Injection question

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
I have a case that has a cast metal mesh for the palate. If it's glued to the model, will injecting with Ivocap acrylic move the mesh? I've always press packed these because I was worried that the pressure would displace the mesh.

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
Is it just the mesh over the ridge or is there some metal on the palate?

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Is it just the mesh over the ridge or is there some metal on the palate?
It's just mesh with tissue stops that cover the palate and the ridge. With press pack I paint the model with separator and then glue the tissue stops to the model, my concern is with injecting, the pressure might dislodge the mesh.

We haven't seen you in a while, good to see you back.

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
Yeah, that can be problematic. Scrape the model in the spots where the tissue stops touch the stone after you apply the separator, add a small amount of crazy glue. Sacrifice a small pet on the altar of the dental gods and pray.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Thinking outside the box, maybe glue a couple of pre cured stops from left over sprues. place them on top of the mesh palate.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Yeah, that can be problematic. Scrape the model in the spots where the tissue stops touch the stone after you apply the separator, add a small amount of crazy glue. Sacrifice a small pet on the altar of the dental gods and pray.
Does it have to be your own pet or can it be the annoying little yipping dogs nextdoor?

DavidW

DavidW

Reaction score
Injection can definitely move the mesh. I will press pack in the ivocap flask then connect the injector, have done this many times it works great .
This technique is also useful if the posterior teeth have been ground a lot and have little retention in the mold.

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
Origin of the pet is not important but it needs to be loved by someone. Otherwise the juju in the voodoo doesent work.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Injection can definitely move the mesh. I will press pack in the ivocap flask then connect the injector, have done this many times it works great .
This technique is also useful if the posterior teeth have been ground a lot and have little retention in the mold.
Great idea, thanks!
That's what I like about this site, somebody always has a great idea and is willing to share it!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I always always press pack my ivocap flasks before injecting. I couldnt do it any other way, teeth never move. Thanks Brian Carson.

R

RemovAble

Reaction score
Another way I use is to "salt and pepper' the mesh onto the cast with the Ivocap resin, then let it cure a little bit till it's stable. After that inject. Works like a charm.

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
Similar to Removable... I will drill 3 #8 holes on the model and then use self cure acrylic (GC TRAD) and basically lute the frame to these holes. It is locked in place and have never had an issue,, Best of luck..
PS.. there will be 3 spots of acrylic after process that need to be removed.. Easy

MikeyDue

MikeyDue

Reaction score
I have cold cured around the tissue stops before separating to get a strong bond to the model. A little messy at finish but nothing a small burr can't clean up and the mesh is sure to stay in place.

J

Jay

Reaction score
Yeah, little cold cure holds a reinforcement in place.

I have a question. Anyone injecting their hybrids? I haven’t had the guts to do it.

MikeyDue

MikeyDue

Reaction score
I have injected hybrids. Can be tricky because acrylic can get into the shafts. I try to block them out with plaster and model putty. Still a pain to finish.

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
Jay
Easy, wax contours to perfection. Remove from model, screw on a new set of analogs, obturate screw channels with soft tissue material and invest

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
Similar to Removable... I will drill 3 #8 holes on the model and then use self cure acrylic (GC TRAD) and basically lute the frame to these holes. It is locked in place and have never had an issue,, Best of luck..
PS.. there will be 3 spots of acrylic after process that need to be removed.. Easy
I've also done this many many times with success... I like the idea of packing in the flask first before injecting, much less time involved!

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
In my opinion, there is no other way than to inject. There are a few tricks, but man it is awesome!!!
Yeah, little cold cure holds a reinforcement in place.

I have a question. Anyone injecting their hybrids? I haven’t had the guts to do it.

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
In my opinion, there is no other way than to inject. There are a few tricks, but man it is awesome!!!
Absolutely! be good at the 'tricks' otherwise you'll get things in places you really don't want!

Top Bottom