Induction Casting Machine

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm shopping for an induction casting machine. I have not used any yet and a virgin with this method.
Any recommendations with a limited budget, if ya catch ma drift?

Thanks

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm shopping for an induction casting machine. I have not used any yet and a virgin with this method.
Any recommendations with a limited budget, if ya catch ma drift?

Thanks

Bego Fornax T is an economical unit;
http://www.usdentaldepot.com/Dental-supplies/Induction-Casting-units/Fornax-T-Machine(-)P106941
You may find useful used machines from many manufacturers, but IMO backup is important. I have used the Fornax for 10 years now with no problems. fwiw.

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
cascom is a good machine, but dont pay more than 4-5k for a used one. I had one for several years and the castings are nice and dense, but doesnt mean you never miscast. you still have to sprue right, weigh wax.. etc. Great for gold crowns, no porosity. Great for big bridges with one sprue.

The cost is not justified anymore unless you are casting dozens a day in a production lab. you can get a used centrifuge for under $500 and start making money.. Think about the time it would take to pay off even a used cascom or fornax... years and years.. theres no money in metal..

buy a scanner and let bego cast for you in their machines...

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
creepy-willy-wonka-meme-generator-look-what-we-have-here-a-virgin-395c8d.jpg

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply,
What are your thought on the KDF Neo Super Cascom?
haven't any experience with that, have operated only 6 different models; the fornax is clean, simple, safe, and robust.

D

dent09

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am planning to get the KDF Cascom SE. Anybody knows what size of argon tank and regulator valve does it require? Please help....!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
You dont need a large argon tank unless you are casting a few times everyday. The regulator has just a 1/4 in hose barb and you should be able to buy the regulator where you get the tank.

D

dent09

Reaction score
You dont need a large argon tank unless you are casting a few times everyday. The regulator has just a 1/4 in hose barb and you should be able to buy the regulator where you get the tank.

Thanks for the info ;)

K

kotharyabbas

Reaction score
Bego Fornax T is an economical unit; I have used the Fornax for 10 years now with no problems. fwiw.[/QUOTE]

I have a BEGO Fornax T machine and am not aware how to actually use it accurately. I need your guidance on how to opearte this machine. Could you please share with me your email address so I could ask you a few questions about the machine. Thanks

Abbas kothary

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
I have decided that im not interested in this anymore

olwyn

olwyn

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone help me with the induction settings on the Fornax T, to get good casting with a small quantity of type4 gold. I'm new to the machine and having overheating trouble and can't find any helpful instructions.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Gold is easy to overheat, with my nautilus, I just look at the casting temp on the alloy IFU and put that in. You have to watch it melt, even with an automated machine.