Increase value & translucency of monolithic restorations with MiYO™

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Ratings
1,552 29
Want some help? Happy to arrange a special one on one (Phone call that is) with you and a "Good friend of mine" if you like? Tomorrow or Friday...You tell me....Message me if so.
good friend? and you're holding back on me? clearly i need to make a fuss again!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Ratings
1,552 29
ok folks.....for those that don't know, i pulled the trigger and got a Miyo kit last week. finally had time tonight to mess around with it. and boy do i have some thoughts. both positive and negative!!!! who wants the beans to be spilled?

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Ratings
922 11
ok folks.....for those that don't know, i pulled the trigger and got a Miyo kit last week. finally had time tonight to mess around with it. and boy do i have some thoughts. both positive and negative!!!! who wants the beans to be spilled?
Ciao Inquiring minds want to know !

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Ratings
1,552 29
Ciao Inquiring minds want to know !
not really thrilled with the terrible iphone pics i took. so i won't post them. they don't do it justice.
cons.....
-before you go diving into the colors, tgeyvsll need mixing. a lot of mixing. spend the time to mix each one slowly, a little at a time, to get it thoroughly combined without clumps. was really annoying to do jar by jar as i wanted to use them so i will be going through each and getting the mixed even if i'm not planning on using them immediately. this could easily take 30min to an hour.
-i want more! more info on the material. and more training! it's somewhat limited right now, but not in a horrible way. i just want more!
pros.....
-this is EXACTLY what i've wanted for years!!! it's also nearly exactly what i've been doing already with insync glaze. (anyone that has the miyo kit will understand)...i used to mix my insync glaze in a diff jar and keep some 'dry' or less liquidy glaze left behind. when i needed a marginal ridge or incisal corner or contact add-on, BOOM that dryer insync did the trick most of the time. i swear jensen was looking over my shoulder on this one. heck, when insync first came out and i attended a webinar from jensen, my question was literally regarding this exact thing. i wanted to know how thick i could apply insync glaze without issue.
-the colors are true, even the group colors. and they stay as applied. what you see wet is what you see after firing.
-structure is incredible. anyone that is microlayering, you are doing yourself a severe injustice if you do not have Miyo in your lineup!

all in all this is a win! hands down the best thing i've seen come from jensen. ever!
even for someone like me who is not very great at ceramics, thus makes me look good. really really good.
i have MUCH more playing to do, and s host of technical questions i want answered asap...i'm satisfied though. very happy with the purchase. well worth it so far! (and no, jensen didn't pay me to say this....though they should! lol)

L

labtek

Ratings
32 1
not really thrilled with the terrible iphone pics i took. so i won't post them. they don't do it justice.
cons.....
-before you go diving into the colors, tgeyvsll need mixing. a lot of mixing. spend the time to mix each one slowly, a little at a time, to get it thoroughly combined without clumps. was really annoying to do jar by jar as i wanted to use them so i will be going through each and getting the mixed even if i'm not planning on using them immediately. this could easily take 30min to an hour.
-i want more! more info on the material. and more training! it's somewhat limited right now, but not in a horrible way. i just want more!
pros.....
-this is EXACTLY what i've wanted for years!!! it's also nearly exactly what i've been doing already with insync glaze. (anyone that has the miyo kit will understand)...i used to mix my insync glaze in a diff jar and keep some 'dry' or less liquidy glaze left behind. when i needed a marginal ridge or incisal corner or contact add-on, BOOM that dryer insync did the trick most of the time. i swear jensen was looking over my shoulder on this one. heck, when insync first came out and i attended a webinar from jensen, my question was literally regarding this exact thing. i wanted to know how thick i could apply insync glaze without issue.
-the colors are true, even the group colors. and they stay as applied. what you see wet is what you see after firing.
-structure is incredible. anyone that is microlayering, you are doing yourself a severe injustice if you do not have Miyo in your lineup!

all in all this is a win! hands down the best thing i've seen come from jensen. ever!
even for someone like me who is not very great at ceramics, thus makes me look good. really really good.
i have MUCH more playing to do, and s host of technical questions i want answered asap...i'm satisfied though. very happy with the purchase. well worth it so far! (and no, jensen didn't pay me to say this....though they should! lol)

What is the suggested retail price of the MIYO kit? What is included in a kit?

Car 54

Car 54

Ratings
2,452 28
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Ratings
1,552 29
What is the suggested retail price of the MIYO kit? What is included in a kit?
i dont work at jensen, not sure what retail cost is....i just give those invoices to the wife so that she can cringe and not me! LOL
seriously though, its worth it. cant wait to apply miyo structure to a 5unit anterior (fc zirc) bridge later this week

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Ratings
1,552 29
cons.....
pros.....

note to myself....no more posting from my phone at 1130pm! spelling is horrendous!

K

KIM

Ratings
335 2
i dont work at jensen, not sure what retail cost is....i just give those invoices to the wife so that she can cringe and not me! LOL
seriously though, its worth it. cant wait to apply miyo structure to a 5unit anterior (fc zirc) bridge later this week
Wow what a great start with MiYO, love your feedback! Just for those that are asking, our launch price is $1,079.00 for the MiYO kit...We will soon be launching MiYO Pink and will share pricing on that in the next few weeks..Here is an image of what's included in the MiYO kit: MiYO Kit Assortment.png

L

labtek

Ratings
32 1
Wow what a great start with MiYO, love your feedback! Just for those that are asking, our launch price is $1,079.00 for the MiYO kit...We will soon be launching MiYO Pink and will share pricing on that in the next few weeks..Here is an image of what's included in the MiYO kit: View attachment 29039
Thats approximately $40 per bottle. Can they be purchased individually now?

L

labtek

Ratings
32 1
Wow what a great start with MiYO, love your feedback! Just for those that are asking, our launch price is $1,079.00 for the MiYO kit...We will soon be launching MiYO Pink and will share pricing on that in the next few weeks..Here is an image of what's included in the MiYO kit: View attachment 29039
DOes anyone have any intraoral pictures of the MIYO? Zirconia looks great in the lab but in the mouth it leaves something to be desired.

K

KIM

Ratings
335 2
DOes anyone have any intraoral pictures of the MIYO? Zirconia looks great in the lab but in the mouth it leaves something to be desired.
Here is one...I agree that many ZR's leave something to be desired in the mouth (Too high in value or too low is one of the biggest)....That's exactly why MiYO was created...It is designed to make your monolithic look like a layered crown but in a fraction of the space it takes to layer....The MiYO crowns we show are all between 0.1-0.2mm in thickness, pretty crazy stuff....
Intra Oral 1.jpg

K

KIM

Ratings
335 2
Thats approximately $40 per bottle. Can they be purchased individually now?
No, not at this time Labtek. But if you talk to some of the other DLNr's that had the same question, I think they will share their feelings on this. We are not trying to exclude anyone from using MiYO, but it truly was designed to be used as a system..The colors are and effects are designed to work together..I know some will say that's marketing "Fluff" but we are confident that you'll see what we mean when you use it.....

K

KIM

Ratings
335 2
Here is an image that will take a minute to realize what it is...It's looking at a sectioned 6 unit ZR model from the top. This image is highly magnified....That little "Bump" is the papilla and if you look closely, you will see how thin MiYO Pink (In this case) really is! It's nearly immeasurable in some spots as you can see.... MiYO Pink thickness.jpg

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!