"Incorrect outline" error in Splint Studio

M

Marcin K

Reaction score
Reposted here since this may be the better spot for this

Has anyone ran into this issue and has anyone diagnosed what causes this error to pop up during the outline stage in splint studio. This error is a nightmare. This is a digital impression. I went ahead and cleaned up as much issues with the scans in meshmixer and made sure there were no additional holes and or tunnels. I even tried to re-mesh the stl scan just in case there was something amiss. Still getting this stupid error.

I know i can get around this issue if i Design it in the older software but I'm a fixed technician and I'm hoping to find a solution to this so that the removable department can continue using the same software.

K

Krut1la

Reaction score
Does the error message sound like "Outline is too small"? If so, the reason is most likely in the orientation of the scans. There is a bug that can be worked around by rotating the scans so that Y-axis is along "height" direction.

M

Marcin K

Reaction score
Yeah that fixed it. I have a feeling this same orientation issue is the reason 3shape model building completely fails at trimming a model sometimes.