Looking for Lab In need of a full service lab

JenCow

JenCow

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I just got hired at a dental college, and they send out quite a bit of work, of every shape/size/color. The problem I'm having is, the lab we send to now is rude on the phone with me, the work fits sometimes, and they charge SO MUCH MONEY. The head doc in charge is of the same mind as me and would like to see us move onto a better lab.
Does anyone have a full service lab they would recommend? This is a dental college, so there's a crap ton of work (and questionable waxing) but I would love to send to a lab that provides some kind of quality. Until things here get up and running, (and my equipment gets here) we'll be sending out everything from crowns, dentures, implants, etc. When I get my brand new ivobase system, we'll still need a lot of things done, but just less processing.
Thanks in advance for anyone that has info!

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
Hey Jen, happy to help you out! We outsource but for a dental college that shouldn't be an issue and we're helping labs with overflow and metal frames and everything in between! email me [email protected] and I can send you the fee schedule.

Evan (Mabel Dental Lab - Cuyahoga Falls, OH)

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I just got hired at a dental college, and they send out quite a bit of work, of every shape/size/color. The problem I'm having is, the lab we send to now is rude on the phone with me, the work fits sometimes, and they charge SO MUCH MONEY. The head doc in charge is of the same mind as me and would like to see us move onto a better lab.
Does anyone have a full service lab they would recommend? This is a dental college, so there's a crap ton of work (and questionable waxing) but I would love to send to a lab that provides some kind of quality. Until things here get up and running, (and my equipment gets here) we'll be sending out everything from crowns, dentures, implants, etc. When I get my brand new ivobase system, we'll still need a lot of things done, but just less processing.
Thanks in advance for anyone that has info!
Can you give our members an idea where what region or country you are in, it will help.

John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
I'd send to Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
have you asked them why they are rude as it seems most of us that have a business arent rude for no reason .From what i have seen from past posts you are the new guy there maybe something has happened that you dont know about . I say this because you just might end up with a repeat of whats going on with the next lab .From my experience its usually because of late payments that labs become rude and unhelpful.

NewGuyOnTheBlock

NewGuyOnTheBlock

Reaction score
Hello Jen! We would love to help you out!

Please feel free to message me so we can talk further.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I completely forgot! I'm in Virginia, but we can ship, we do that now.
Your school doesn't have any IOS (IntraOral Scanners)?
As for being rude, I have no idea...we work with a couple major dental schools and it is a lot of work. My suspicion is they are bombarded with calls from students, professors, lab folks from the school all day long. I know in our lab and out of all of our clients, the schools call us the most but i couldn't imagine any of my Staff ever being rude...and if that was the case, it would be rectified immediately.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
As for being rude, I have no idea...we work with a couple major dental schools and it is a lot of work. My suspicion is they are bombarded with calls from students, professors, lab folks from the school all day long. I know in our lab and out of all of our clients, the schools call us the most but i couldn't imagine any of my Staff ever being rude...and if that was the case, it would be rectified immediately.
get rid of the Canadians?

JenCow

JenCow

Reaction score
That's my thought too, I'm new, and there were a few hiccups when I took over this beast of a program, so I'm sure they had to iron out some kinks I made for them. Thing is, I'm always nice and apologetic and willing to work with them! Either way, we get a new lab!

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
My suspicion is they are bombarded with calls from students, professors, lab folks from the school all day long.
There's too much demand, little help, dwindling supplies, and less profit. Getting more work to do is not some gold nugget, its just more work.

Same as an 8hr shift at Walmart, then a 8hr shift at Target. You just doubled your income. 🥳

We all know how much involved dental work is and the profit margin. Why some people still think they have a carrot on a stick is funny.

Last edited:
John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
Students shouldn't be allowed to call the lab. When I worked at our dental faculty, there was a contact person at the school (in the lab.....when there still was an in house lab)- that would contact the outside lab when it was necessary. Why are we getting rid of Canadians......I kinda resemble that remark, (as you do) lol. Liberals aren't hilarious, Rob, they're down right scary. I thought it was bad up here.......it's just as bad, maybe worse down there. T24!

G

grantoz

Reaction score
So jencow did you contact the lab to find out why they were rude. if you dont i think you might have the same problem with the new lab.They will be nice for a while but if its the same stuff thats causing problems on a regular basis they will be less polite as well, like it was said before more work doesnt always mean more money.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
So jencow did you contact the lab to find out why they were rude. if you dont i think you might have the same problem with the new lab.They will be nice for a while but if its the same stuff thats causing problems on a regular basis they will be less polite as well, like it was said before more work doesnt always mean more money.
Well my comments weren't necessarily directed at Jencow, it was more a rant against the system. Dentist think labs are sitting around with empty hours everyday, begging for work, at the lowest price. As well as who want's to work 60, 70, 80 hours a week just for a few more shekels?