Importing Trios abutment scan files? Success?

DanD

DanD

Reaction score
I get tons of intraoral scans from different drs and brands for crowns, but tomorrow I'll be getting my 1st scan for a Neodent abutment and crown from a trios doctor. (3 shape system)

Anything I need to know about abutment scans, This will be my 1st.

Is it just a matter of importing the files like normal and selecting the correct implant library system?

Thanks?

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
You are using 3Shape correct? If so it should import right in (if you link 3shape communicate you should be able to accept it within the 3shape dental manager).

The main thing that can be a potential problem is ensuring the doctor is using a scan flag that exist in the library you have for that implant system. When you begin the design it should allow you to do the abutment scan flag alignment and once that is done you can either proceed with designing the restoration or go into the model builder if you are doing that.

DanD

DanD

Reaction score
Awesome thank you! Seems like the whole thing should be very easy once you set the order up correctly with the right scan flags.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Neodent is a Strauman product now. They have a Helix CM and a Helix GM type of implant system. Straumann is the only ones I know that can mill a GM type of implant. The CM style can be produced by most milling centers. The DIM's are available for both systems if you are printing the models but I'm pretty sure (correct me if I'm wrong) but only Straumann can mill the GM style.

Top Bottom