Importing Atlantis libraries into Exocad

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
So I was getting a plug-in from Atlantis on my Straumann and asked the tech about getting it for Exocad. He said they don't do the import for Exocad because the software apparently doesn't have the import feature like 3shape & DW has. He said they give Exocad users a copy of the parameters and let them enter them. Is this really the way Exo users have to do this? What about other things like Material libraries?

I've been considering going to an Exocad-based scanner, but I don't like these kind of surprises. Hopefully things are easier than this. Exo-feedback please!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
There is a how to on the exocad experts page on FB.

atlantis import.png

atlantis import2.jpg

doug

doug

Reaction score
Since I got my exocad scanner I haven't turned my old CS2 on at all. A couple of weeks ago i needed a file to re-mill a crown. when I turned on my CS2 unit...SURPRISE!!! Straumann had come into it and shut that thing down. I can go into the software at all to even look at anything. I called and was told that that's right, you can't use it, you didn't pay your fee. THejn I was told 3Shape does the same thing. My response was If 3shape jumped off of a bridge (inherent joke here) would you jump also? F'm. I was gonna give the scanner to McFatter in south Florida, but not now. They don't need that kind of headache.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Obviously that tech was about a year behind on that memo. I agree with you Doug...this is only one of the reasons I'm switching. I checked out the 7 series DW scanner and wasn't impressed. I don't like the "having to close the door before scanning". I want to see what's happening rather than hear a "thud" from models falling off the model holder. DW still hasn't figured out that you need more room between the arm and the sides of the scanner. The other thing is the computer is "in the scanner". So the whole thing has to go back if there is a problem. At least if they are separate you can still work on Itero cases until the new scanner comes in.

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
Hello PDC,

importing Atlantis files in EXO is a horror.
They send you file splitted in abutment and prepline. This file is not in place with your scanfile! You best scan the abutment fixed in possition and perhaps match the files.
I would say they dont`t want to do a good job or can`t or are stu..d.
Good luck!
I had a case with 3 Atlantis abutments in upper and lower, needed 12 hours to do it ( upload didn`t work, hotline tried and so on ).
I do no more woth Atlantis until they bring the intergrated workflow ( which it should be by pull the 2 Atlantis buttons ) working, otherwise they are out of the race.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I spent some time on the phone with their tech support and my Atlantis upload to them from Exocad is seamless.There are a couple of different ways to do it. you can use the desktop icon to collect the proper files and upload, or the button o the exocad screen will gather and send them without any problems.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Ok so how do I design 11 genuine straumann bl rc abutments along with 1 Astra in Exocad?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Ok so how do I design 11 genuine straumann bl rc abutments along with 1 Astra in Exocad?

Use the Atlantis option.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score

I also heard via my Straumann rep that Straumann will be milling all of the Medentika line of abutments very soon. This will be available to everyone and not just Straumann labs. Straumann owns Instradent who owns Medentika. I'm sure Straumann currently has a lot of excess production capacity that they need to use. There business model just isn't fulfill this capacity as it stands now.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Hello PDC,

importing Atlantis files in EXO is a horror.
They send you file splitted in abutment and prepline. This file is not in place with your scanfile! You best scan the abutment fixed in possition and perhaps match the files.
I would say they dont`t want to do a good job or can`t or are stu..d.
Good luck!
I had a case with 3 Atlantis abutments in upper and lower, needed 12 hours to do it ( upload didn`t work, hotline tried and so on ).
I do no more woth Atlantis until they bring the intergrated workflow ( which it should be by pull the 2 Atlantis buttons ) working, otherwise they are out of the race.

Somebody tell me "it aint so!".

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
Hello PDC,
don`t know who tells " it aint so ".
If you are interested i send screenshots when time, upload was 3 times interuppted by atlantisserver. And the import does not work correct.
Try it and show your results. Upload SW was 1.31 if I remember right. Maybe they worked on.
All my Medenticad database was also deleted.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
2th...where you at...give us some input. Dontknow