Implant Screw Channel

H

HeroDentallab

Reaction score
Hi All!
I am having issues with my screw channels coming out too small after milling..the channel fits the driver perfectly after the mill process but with the 20% shrinkage after sinter it turns out way too small. Any have these issues and know the solution? ive contact my reseller but they cant seem to find a solution either. The funny thing is when im milling a different type of implant kit the channels are perfect. its only when im milling the CM implants for neodent.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Could be as simple as an error in the implant library. Straumann has had a few over the years.
Some implant libraries for hybrids are set up to have a captive screw in the abutment after bonding.
What CAD program?

H

HeroDentallab

Reaction score
I am currently using HyperDent. Ive contacted straumann and they have uploaded multiple DME's. Also contacted my reseller and they updated the template for hyperdent. Still to no avail.

SJ

SJ

Reaction score
if the drive fits the channel after mill then you might just have the lot code wrong for your puck in your milling system...

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I would agree, if it fits before sintering and is too small after, you need to change the scaling factor in your milling. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a library for starumanns angle screw channel, for EXOCAD? Thanks in advance!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Just cut it out in green state, takes 1.4 seconds

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
if the drive fits the channel after mill then you might just have the lot code wrong for your puck in your milling system...
If that were the case it wouldn't fit the Ti base either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom