Implant rotation?

J

James Hay

Reaction score
Any suggestions on what would cause a rotation between the model and the patients mouth with an impant crown?
Using bio horizon implants. The implant abutments and crowns fit perfectly fine on the model but have a slight rotation in the mouth. I reviewed the x-rays and the scoop copings appear seated fully at time of impression. Could the implant in the mouth be rotated after the impression??

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
More than likely its a rotation alignment issue with the scanbody library and real parts. Biohorizon has had this issue for a while.

J

James Hay

Reaction score
More than likely its a rotation alignment issue with the scanbody library and real parts. Biohorizon has had this issue for a while.
I have no idea how to PM on here, i am not sure that is the issue. I had a case with 2 abutments and one was fine in the patients mouth and the other was slightly rotated in the mouth like it had been cranked down a little more after the impression had been taken. But they claim to be hand tightening the temporary crows and so on.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Cranked down is different than over rotated.

Which is it?

If its custom ti abuts, not hybrids, then if one was good and the other was not then to me thats a user error in milling.

If its two different sizes of the same implant it still could be scan bodies

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Any suggestions on what would cause a rotation between the model and the patients mouth with an impant crown?
Using bio horizon implants. The implant abutments and crowns fit perfectly fine on the model but have a slight rotation in the mouth. I reviewed the x-rays and the scoop copings appear seated fully at time of impression. Could the implant in the mouth be rotated after the impression??
Firstly, would need to distinguish between whether the abutment is the one that was rotating, or the crown was rotated.
If the crown was rotated, maybe the abutment had tight interprox contacts that prevented it from seating fully.
If the implant was rotating, most likely the implant will be failing soon or already failed.
My 2 cents . . .
LCM

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Are you using/modifying the stock abutment or making a custom abutment? I found that the stock abutment that is also used as the impression coping will rotate in the pvs impression.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I hate biohorizons, I have more problems with that library than any other mfg.

If its a custom abutment, Ive had them milled with the wrong spline alignment, so beware. The abutment was rotated 30' or so from where it shouldve been. If it fits on the model, what else can you do?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I've had an abutment rotate 180 degrees once.The screw head needs to be blocked out prior to impressing also.
I now scan with my choice of scan bodies so that I have control over this bs.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Wait, Spline is Calcitek and should go to Biomet now, right?
LCM