Implant Placement.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
You'll never be taken seriously when you have fellow techs that don't think regulations and accountability have any merit and that the " market" will take care of itself.
because regulations and accountability has worked great for making sure DOCTORS and SURGEONS dont do crazy shoddy work or place implants in odd places. :rolleyes:
....next argument please!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
because regulations and accountability has worked great for making sure DOCTORS and SURGEONS dont do crazy shoddy work or place implants in odd places. :rolleyes:
....next argument please!
2 separate arguments.
shoddy work is different than melting down the car bumper.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
2 separate arguments.
shoddy work is different than melting down the car bumper.
not two diff arguments. one in the same. i can agree with the regulations as long as it comes with accountability. it does not.
the regulations and accountability have nothing to do with proper practices and everything to do with what lobby group pays the most to what political group. absolutely zero to do with actual regulation and accountability. if that were true, we could just paint a broad brush....and say....make murder illegal. POOF! no more murder. carry on.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
My regulations come with accountability.Started in 1964. What tf are you talking about?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
My regulations come with accountability.Started in 1964. What tf are you talking about?
so all your implants are placed great, every patient with an implant should have one, all cases are fully diagnosed with you prior to prepping, impressions are spot on, etc, etc?
great for you! rock on.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
?

Dental Technology act of 1964.

You seem to be confusing regulations with skill level.I can't help you anymore.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
?

Dental Technology act of 1964.

You seem to be confusing regulations with skill level.I can't help you anymore.
no confusion here at all. but thanks for playing!

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Anatomical healing cap!, what’s that?.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
It's part #2411 on page 12 of the Zimmer catalog.
Otherwise, it can be found on isle 5 of your local O'Reilly Auto store, as per Gru.

Bu seriously, anything with the word Anatomical used in an implant thread, gets my vote of approval :) :)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
no ,
just an ovoid cap from the the companies would be nice.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
What you need is a magic show.

A presentation demonstrating skill at the highest level. A wow factor.

So you go out to town and find the guy- THE guy- the big kahuna, the biggest omfs in town and you present him/her with this challenge; your local nerd club is not placing implants using modern techniques for best results and you want to have a show and shine. A lunch and learn.

And you pick a day and you make a flyer and you send it to your local idiots and you play it up. Its gonna be a big thing, you get lunch and ce points, learn from this big head honcho, it will be big.

Come the day, you have a niiiiice difficult placement but you are prepared with your implant studios, your exoplans, your 3d prints, your titaniums, your guided kit and you show your skill off in a dazzling display of brilliance that leaves them impressed and leaves them wanting to rely or lean on you for each placement because you have all the skill in the room.

Don't even hesitate. Become a magician.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
The frustration you're feeling and what you are describing is exactly why I started planning services.
--------------
--------------
I've heard it said that an implant case is a success when the patient pays the lady at the desk up front. It's not uncommon to have an old school surgeon say I've veen doing it forever without a guide with success. Point them to the facepalm thread here. Realistically, how much experience do you think a surgeon has restoring their own implants? If they did you would see much better placements.

Starting here: https://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/threads/facepalm-cases.9213/post-51104

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I've been thinking who are techs compared to the dentist or oral surgeon in "telling them' where to place our implants.
This is a prime example of why we as technicians (except the hinge axis articulatorDontknow on a case like this) should be indicating where we want the implants. It is up to the surgeon to decide if the patient's anatomy is adequate to support an implant where we suggest. Better yet, if the implants cannot be placed ideally then all involved know and other options can be discussed with the patient. This is certainly better than charging the patient for implant placement and then learning that the implants can't be restored or aesthetics are seriously lacking or possibly that long term survival of the implants is in question because we have serious loads not down the long axis of the chassis.

yet for 1-3 units, isn't a wax up with a suck down enough?
No it isn't, when you start using and seeing the advantages of 3d data sets it will make complete sense.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Any advice on this case I have currently. They are Astra EV and I thought I could do a BDG with Non-engaging DESS bases but.... When I put the ti bases into Abutments, it will not seat any ideas? Is there a maximum angle that cannot be corrected with those BDG.jpg

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I somehow doubt the surgical guide was used for that one.