Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I guess many are taking generic medications too though

doug

doug

Reaction score
Had a periodontist go ballistic because we didn't use OEM parts for one of "his" implants. Said the warranty would be voided because ot it. It's okay that he's using drills from another implant system to drill the bone, but that's another story all together.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Had a periodontist go ballistic because we didn't use OEM parts for one of "his" implants. Said the warranty would be voided because ot it. It's okay that he's using drills from another implant system to drill the bone, but that's another story all together.
You wish so many things some days. Like people read instructions.

Saluki

Saluki

Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem with straumann in house milling getting there ti base to fit sintered zirconia ? Had to do a lot of adjusting to get to base to seat. Have not had problem with other systems.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem with straumann in house milling getting there ti base to fit sintered zirconia ? Had to do a lot of adjusting to get to base to seat. Have not had problem with other systems.
When youre in crown bottoms, dont select 'Dont block out near prepline' and create a value there. You wont get the antirotation grooves fully cut.

Saluki

Saluki

Reaction score
When youre in crown bottoms, dont select 'Dont block out near prepline' and create a value there. You wont get the antirotation grooves fully cut.
Thanks I’ll give it a try

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
Zahn parts are made by Glidewell, just like several other companies who sell them under the Prismatik line.
We do not run into any issues with the DESS analogs since we actually inspect them after making them and they are based on the original implant connection and not based on reverse engineering a analog. This is why we end up making them for several internal hex systems since even that standard 2.4hex connection from Zimmer, BioHorizons, and MIS are different. Here is a video that shows how we make the parts and inspect them - https://tinyurl.com/ydy8slvq

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
i use dess and seat all analogs to impression transfers under 2x magnification and they are always fantabulous! On the other hand, I have one doctor who sends analogs from previous cases that his assistants break from old models. They are usually damaged around the rim and he says to grind off the bad parts.
Anyways, Dess is great.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
@keith goldstein , I've asked on the chat feature of your website about MIS and zimmer compatibility and was told they are interchangeable. So why have MIS specific parts? What's the difference?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
because MIS has 3 sizes, only 2 of which match zimmer.

comparing the raw dcm data, the mis sp size is not compatible with any other 3.5 zimmer hex clone. it is smaller. mis np and wp match zimmer 4.5, which also match medentika and all the other clones of this platform.

Last edited:
L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
I use OEM if the clients want them, But I also give them the option/choice of third party if they want. I've used them all for years and they all work and have not had any issues. They are FDA cleared and will honor warranties if their parts are defective. I do mostly screw retained using ti-bases, and a lot of third party such as Open Implants, Dess, Etc. have more design options like multiple gingival heights, chimney heights, and angled screw channels.