Implant parts

Smilemaker1234

Smilemaker1234

Reaction score
Does anyone use lab analogs that are not by the manufacturer?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Yes, Glidewell's.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Analogs, I have no problem with, they're just positing the implant in space, in the cast.
I only use the OME abutments and screws, to leave myself "blameless" in case anything should happen in vivo.

My account needed a BioHorizons replacement screw yesterday, and it was nice to be able to deliver the 2 different screw
options in the BioHorizons sealed pouches. She did leave a note on a case this morning of where do I get my screws, this is
where I can make my lab look good, and help them have peace of mind in that we're using the real mcCoys.

b71fc85d2a5b7f51020b46cb67469ad0.jpg

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
If anything goes wacky, it'll be blamed on the analog being imprecise and allowing too much rotation/overrotation in the model.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Disagree, if anything, a impression transfer that is wobbly, loose in the impression.
I have yet to have a wobbly analog or rotate in a stone cast.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Disagree, if anything, a impression transfer that is wobbly, loose in the impression.
I have yet to have a wobbly analog in a stone cast.
Oh, yes. Total agreement. I meant the blame, not the fault.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I'd be more concerned with using a 3rd parties non color coded analogs and use the wrong size.

Vroam

user name

user name

Reaction score
I have yet to have a wobbly analog or rotate in a stone cast.
I used some from Zahn once. Most were very good, but one particular didnt seat perfect on the impression transfer. I sectioned a vertical wedge out to see what was wrong. Thats when I went back to OEM.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
One more post :)

My account who needed the screw, only wants me to use B.H. analogs.
Maybe it can also make a difference if you're doing closed tray or open tray. All mine are closed tray,
so I have the impression transfer in hand to verify the fit of the Glidewell analog to the transfer.
So far after about 5 years of using their analogs, I have yet to see one that didn't seat perfectly, Zahn on the other hand,
I can maybe see why they may have not been the most consistent, as you found out.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im just guessing...zahn gets them from Alibaba?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
They care, and you save the cost of buying the analogs, and they save the cost of your 250% mark up :)

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
How difficult is it for them to order the analogs when they order transfers? It’s not like there are dozens to choose from.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Had one that sent cast-to/UCLA with every case.

The good part of that is they saved you the cost of buying the pricey UCLAs, the bad part is all of the time and labor in doing those.
Thank goodness for CAD, and in my case sending it out for milling.