implant identification

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
ok folks. i have an idea here, but would love the smarter ppl to chime in with their thoughts on this platform.

6099BABA-C03F-491F-9997-70ED41861949.jpeg 87CBC0E4-3286-4610-AB98-31F1F071DD81.jpeg

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
the only thing i can say is that the tibase looks like something out of the sirona catalog, with that taper. but that doesn't narrow down the implant selection and i am about 50% confident in the assertion its a sirona tibase.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
the only thing i can say is that the tibase looks like something out of the sirona catalog, with that taper. but that doesn't narrow down the implant selection and i am about 50% confident in the assertion its a sirona tibase.
interesting thoughts. i have a vid im going to upload as well.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Are you ordering a new abutment / screw or just making a crown for this existing one?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Why not just scan the existing abutment and make the crown?
well, theres a handful of reasons. im not the prescribing clinician....he doesnt have a scanner...etc

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Does he have any pvs? From what I see the margin looks supragingival.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Does he have any pvs? From what I see the margin looks supragingival.
yeah that might be the suggested route....he wants screw retained though. hence the identifying hurdle

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
yeah that might be the suggested route....he wants screw retained though. hence the identifying hurdle
I used to scan the Nobel " snappy" abutments this way. I don't think this would be any different.
Just add a screw hole in the middle of the crown since it looks like a straight abutment. You could probably do this with a solid pour model.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Almost 100% sure that is original Astra OsseoSpeed TX implant. Like Chris said, probably a 4.0 and the Direct abutment.
LCM