Implant ID

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone could help identify this implant.

I was told they might have been placed about 20 years ago but we are very unsure about this.

I tried to check the what implant is that site but nothing seemed quite the same.

Thanks!

IMG-20190729-WA0002.jpg IMG-20190729-WA0003.jpg 20190813_111419.jpg 20190813_111237.jpg 20190813_112417.jpg 20190813_111428.jpg

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Look at 3i external hex or Branemark external hex. Measure the dimensions on the bridge abutments.

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
2thm8kr - i think you are dead on. Here are the measurements of those hexes. If you need parts for either we have them both here in the USA and globally.

Attachments

• External Hex measurements.png
    External Hex measurements.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 22
PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
Look at 3i external hex or Branemark external hex. Measure the dimensions on the bridge abutments.

Looking at those 2 implants. It looks like the hex connection is completely exposed from the implant body.
To me this one looks like it is a bit sunken in. It is best appreciated in the intraoral photo.

I noticed that the collar of the implants are really long compared to those two and also different lengths?

Could it be that it has some type of abutment between the implant and restoration?

implant.png

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Looking at those 2 implants. It looks like the hex connection is completely exposed from the implant body.
To me this one looks like it is a bit sunken in. It is best appreciated in the intraoral photo.

I noticed that the collar of the implants are really long compared to those two and also different lengths?

Could it be that it has some type of abutment between the implant and restoration?

View attachment 33332
]
There are screw retained abutments with different gingival heights available for those systems. I don't have an old catalog to reference to find out the name of the abutments are that fit on top, I think they are similar cast to UCLA if memory serves. It's been years since I used external hex from either of those to companies.

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
Thanks

According to Preat, it is a Nobel Branemark implant with a Standard Abutment or Transmucosal Abutment.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Thanks

According to Preat, it is a Nobel Branemark implant with a Standard Abutment or Transmucosal Abutment.
3i external is nearly a clone of Branemark external. Only difference is platform width on the smallest and widest body.

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
Ill have to have the Dr take some measurments.

Now off to find if it's possible to do something digital.

I can only find castable parts o_O

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I think Dess has digital library (exocad) with multi unit abutments for external hex implants?? @DESS-USA

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
They do.

I have a feeling the Dr will strongly prefer to try to work with the existing abutments. Dontknow

Otherwise that seems to be the easiest solution

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Well maybe Dess has scan bodies that fit on top of the MUAs?

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Those are most likely Standard Abutments and not the current MUA.
3i typically had gold screws although they do make Titanium ones.
IF I had to put money on a greyhound, I would say those are standard
Branemark implant and various height Standard abutments.
LCM