Implant Direct Sucks

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
On Monday the 19th I sent a file for a ti custom abutment to implant direct for a 3.0 mm legacy. It's there own platform and they are the only one that's supports it. My only request was please rush. Well today the 23rd I call to find out the status only to be told that I should expect to recieve this rush case on Thursday the 29th. I sure am glad I requested a rush otherwise I might not get it until March. I posted this in the review section to give my honest review.

Review: Implant Direct Sucks

ps, The analogs for this platform are also on back order

Amended Review: Implant Direct Still Sucks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Why don't you tell us how you really feel?
I don't see how any manufacturer can be backordered on any of their products??Dontknow

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
What really bothers me is I wasn't informed of this delay.

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
Implant Direct has slowed down considerably in the last 6 months. I was sending designed abutments for the Legacy 3.0 and other platforms and also experienced the same thing.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
there is no 3.0... unless i'm seriously mistaken.
the 3.5 (green hex internal) is a zimmer tsv implant copy. your NT trading R series green scan body fits... order your own custom abutment

EDIT... sorry... forgot about the series 2 legacy... is it a straumann Bl knockoff?

Last edited:
Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
and yes... they do suck...

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
there is no 3.0... unless i'm seriously mistaken.
the 3.5 (green hex internal) is a zimmer tsv implant copy. your NT trading R series green scan body fits... order your own custom abutment

EDIT... sorry... forgot about the series 2 legacy... is it a straumann Bl knockoff?
Andrew, unfortunately they do have a 3.0 mm legacy 2. It's there own platform and there the only one that supports it. It's light blue and both the screw and hex are smaller than the green screw vent 3.5.
I have one account who places these and I am forced to deal with implant direct. They are the biggest pain in the ass to send a file to. You must print out there form hand fill it out sign it scan it convert to PDF and attach to a email with your stl files. Then you have to call to confirm that they received it.. Easily the most difficult company that I have to send work to if ANYONE else supported this platform I would drop Implant Direct like a hot turd.

Review: never mind

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
We are having the same problem, was told that there milling machine broke and is just coming back online. However, B&D can do these, but coincidentally, there machine needs calibrated, and the only guy who can do it is on vacation till Monday...I have some ticked off docs too!!!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
What do these folks charge for a milled abutment?

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
We are having the same problem, was told that there milling machine broke and is just coming back online. However, B&D can do these, but coincidentally, there machine needs calibrated, and the only guy who can do it is on vacation till Monday...I have some ticked off docs too!!!

it's sad that they get ticked off, when they are the ones that stuck the BS in the patients face in the first place..

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
What ticked me off is the 6.5 swishplant implant that they sell, and even sell the scan abutment, but haven't updated there software so we can design off of it, it's not even a choice (4.8 is). So you have to send your models to them...wtf did I buy a scanner for?....grrrr

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
synocta knockoff.. just did a 4.8 at Argen... turned out great

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Lol welcome to the club. Happened to me and they ate located 1.5 miles from my lab ........ i now request for pick up and they still take a while to get it done.

Posted from a Galaxy S4.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Thanks I'll call B&D on monday

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Yep, that's for the 3.0 pjd :)

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
can you post a link to B&D please

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
I sent 3 abutments on one case and it took almost 3 weeks. I will give them one more try...

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Argen is great! Plus they call right away if there is an issue. Always on time. Been nothing but happy with them !
yep... actually just emailed them today telling them so