Implant Courses

FastShipper

FastShipper

Reaction score
Hey all,
Was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions on implant courses for dental labs; i.e. learning the different types of implants, knowing what to order, etc. I don't really want to get as in depth as a course aimed at practices.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
If you don't want to take practice based courses get some procedure manuals from a few different implant companies.
These explain the parts (briefly) and the types of cases they are used on.
Also see if they have any online education or if they are hosting events in your area.
Talk to a local surgeon and see if you can get all of the old trade mags that have case procedures and surgery techniques.
Once you are familiar with the pieces and parts I would recommend taking practice level courses especially with case planning elements.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
that will depend on the style your lab has - if they only do custom titanium or cocr abutments for porcelain layer then mostly they would just order premill titanium or cocr blanks.

if you do a lot of hybrid zirc, then you'll be ordering tibases, screws (sometimes),and scanbodies/analogs.

but in both cases you will at least order analogs so a good start would be to rifle through your catalogs and familiarize yourself with the platforms and the sizes and have a grip on what the interface generally looks like so you can identify at a glance what type of thing you are seeing.

remember: for implant bridges only use non engaging interfaces. never accept a case with tooth and implant in a bridge together. angled screw channels require different screws and drivers and may not be possible if you are limited by the cadcam library - for example the Elos system of scanbodies and bases has almost no platforms that can do angled screw channels, whereas Dess has angled screw channel parts for nearly all platforms except the really narrow ones.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
Was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions on implant courses for dental labs; i.e. learning the different types of implants, knowing what to order, etc. I don't really want to get as in depth as a course aimed at practices.
If you are at that level of uncertainty, maybe try reading the Implant Primer in the resources section. I know it needs a rewrite, but I last redid it at some ridiculous hour, so please put up with some oddness.

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
if you need help in choosing parts and options you can contact us and will help you.