implant connection types

Z

zena

Reaction score
Can anyone explain the differences and advantages on these type of implant connections,
1. Conical connection
2.Built in Platform shifting
3.Hexagonal interlocking
4.Dual function prosthetic connection
popcorn

Z

zena

Reaction score
This was a busy post thanks for all your imput. LOL

Tri lobe connection will have anti rotation therefore you can tell that the abutment is placed only a certain way.

Hex internal connection also will have the anti rotation
Hex external connection, does well with multiple unit cases like bridges when implant angles are of concern, more shallow and seats closer to the gum line

Morse Taper "Conical connection" has great sealed connection, abutment sits very snug even without the screw it's hard to pull off .

Any thoughts guys?

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Bicon implants are the absolute worst to work with in the lab.

Poo on that action!

You left out many designs....

Last edited:
Z

zena

Reaction score
Bicon implants are the absolute worst to work with in the lab.

Poo on that action!

You left out many designs....
Yes I know, I wanted to hear people input on this. What's with the Bicon that you don't like in the lab? The Bicon is a "morse taper" type connection.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
OK, I do a beautiful porc build up......how do I get this thing out of it's hole??

Can't push from bottom....

POS is too hard to work an interproximal contact with.

Z

zena

Reaction score
OK, I do a beautiful porc build up......how do I get this thing out of it's hole??

Can't push from bottom....

POS is too hard to work an interproximal contact with.
I use the hemostats to pull off the abutment, otherwise it's a pain to try to get off. Here's another thing we do after we wax we make an acrylic placement jig for the abutments so that when we take them on and off it goes back in the exact spot it was when it was waxed. We also send this jig thing for the DR to use. This is very helpful on multiple unit cases like bridges or splints that use these type of implant connection.

Top Bottom