Implant component storage / organization

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
Hello all,

Looking to get your recommendations on organizing and storing our implant components (replicas, clinical screws, lab screws, UCLAs, Ti-Bases, etc.).
What kind of containers, bins or furniture, etc.

With the multitude of components from different manufacturers, it's getting harder to keep track and organize all this cleanly.
If anyone has implemented Lean (Toyota way) in their lab and want to share their input, we're all ears.

We're mostly interested in being able to quickly find the components and see at a glance what needs to be re-ordered.
The storage needs to scale to accommodate all the new components coming out all the time.

Thank you !

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
We use something like this... We have a label maker to name everything. They make all kinds, some big, some smaller, really depends on what you want but this is what we use ($30).
shopping

user name

user name

Reaction score
The only thing I store is lab screws. I order what I need when I need it.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Different business models...
I could call (or eshop) once a month and get most of what Id likely need. Instead I place orders every couple days. My accounts show a lot of activity. My reps like that. I get bonus free stuff very often.
For instance, I needed just a couple screws two days ago. Straumann says theyre not available at the moment, and wont likely be until next month. My rep apologized and said in order to get screws, Ill need to order the abutments too. No worries though...until screws are back to available status, my parts are free.
Good relationship based on regular account activity.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
I think that its a waist of money since it takes time to order so I order about a month worth of parts. thumbnail_20190717_142057.jpg

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Very little. Why leave money in the drawer? It only takes 24 hours to get parts and the Drs pay double my cost.
I get the extra parts I want/need at the client's expense. Wrenches, analogs, screws, abutments, specialties. If they need an extra screw it's here and they may have it pronto. Johnny on the spot. I don't inventory possible parts for future cases.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Just analogs and extra screws on hand in a drawer. With Cad/Cam abutments, it takes care of any need of having to have a abutment inventory.

I order UCLAs as needed, as I mark those up enough to cover the shipping costs.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I have a supply of scan bodies so I don't have to post pics on facebook asking wtf is this one?

Top Bottom