Imetric D101 (Delcam distribution) the problem of calibration

D

DentalWDES

Reaction score
Hi,

a month ago I bought a scanner used Imetric D101 model.
Software Dentcad 08.2012.

The software works normally. (You can design a crown, bridges STL file)

The problem came with the scanner.
When installed on a PC during the calibration error pops up.
Step 4 scans the calibration panel. (Panel is reversed and should bounce scan project) here scanner can not see the board.

Severe passed calibration step and I could not find the remote control to operate the scanner.

Does anybody user had such a problem?Hmmmm2
In my country distributor / service does not take is repaired because they bought a scanner him Banghead

C

charles007

Reaction score
Contact Horst the owner of Imetric ,,, send email to his company. I think your problem is an easy fix ? and can be done remotely using Teamviewer.
Once you post more on DLN you can send and receive PM's ! ( private messages )
I have Horst personal email, but will not post publicly.
Contact Delcam and ask if they will hookup remotely to look at the problem using a program like Teamviewer, JoinME, etc free programs to see your computer screen/scanner.
Was there a problem before your bought this scanner ?

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
er.jpg

Pas bon …. Laugh

D

DentalWDES

Reaction score
The scanner purchased my client.
Delcam will not help (I have only installation instructions)
The program DentCAD from what I know ends his life.
So I encourage the customer to exchange for exocada.

D101 scanner is very complicated (installs several other scanners, and such problems did not have)o_O

Description of first
The scanner connected properly following the instructions.:android:
1. Utilities/Calibration check.../ and check
erroresss :mad: less than 3 targets could be measured
WTF?

2. System Calibration
e10195a53e4c5.jpg.html

start !
part 1
part 2
part 3
part 3/4
part 4

done!Banghead

Last edited by a moderator:
C

charles007

Reaction score
DentalWDES,
I offered to give you the private email of the owner of Imetric, Horst Beyer, so you could talk directly to him about your problem so it would be solved quickly rather than jumping hoops and getting no help or answers from anyone.
By the way dumbass, I owned that same scanner and bought it from Delcam ! who is getting out of the dental lab business asap !

Today you gave me a Dumb rating for my post trying to help you 10 days ago ! Buddy, your on you Own !!!
OK, just had a change of heart since I always attempt to help other techs when I can. I will gladly share Horst's private email with you for a $1000.00 donation to DLN, the best dental lab website in the industry... :D

Rocks of luck,
Charles

Last edited:
cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
As charles said call Horst or give him a mail and be happy i am sure he helps you . Save your WTF if he doesn't.

D

DentalWDES

Reaction score
DentalWDES,
I offered to give you the private email of the owner of Imetric, Horst Beyer, so you could talk directly to him about your problem so it would be solved quickly rather than jumping hoops and getting no help or answers from anyone.
By the way dumbass, I owned that same scanner and bought it from Delcam ! who is getting out of the dental lab business asap !

Today you gave me a Dumb rating for my post trying to help you 10 days ago ! Buddy, your on you Own !!!
OK, just had a change of heart since I always attempt to help other techs when I can. I will gladly share Horst's private email with you for a $1000.00 donation to DLN, the best dental lab website in the industry... :D

Rocks of luck,
Charles

I apologize in advance for reckless pressing Dumb (learning how to behave on the forum).
How do I send my personal mail?
Who directed this message?

THX

D

DentalWDES

Reaction score
Charles :)

Please clemency resulting from negligence and mistakes.
Forms of expression.

I hope that the next posts will be better in my performance.

Regards
DentalWDES

C

charles007

Reaction score
I apologize in advance for reckless pressing Dumb (learning how to behave on the forum).
How do I send my personal mail?
Who directed this message?

THX

All is good and lets move on to solve your problem. I will send a private message to show you how to use the Inbox.. Check your Inbox later today.. its at the top right of page next to your name.. click to open
I will get in touch with Horst and I hope he responds back to you within the next few days since he could be traveling in any country..
Please let us know what the problem was once your up and scanning again .

S

Stijn Hanssen

Reaction score
Hi all and especially DentalWDES

Nice to meet you all, I work for Imetric and would be happy to assist you with any problem you might have.
The fastest way to get a response on any problem with an Imetric scanner is to contact us directly on [email protected]

First of all: DentCAD.... Like you all know Delcam has stopped the Dental (Healthcare) activities and no longer develops or support dental related products like DentCAD or DentMill. We have several customers around the world that are happy with their current version of DentCAD (latest) and will continue to use it until the see the urgency to change to Exocad for example. It's all depending on what yo like to use the system for. For instance in the Netherlands, where the older bars are very popular, the DentCAD software is a great tool for that. If you need to do more fixed cases, bridges or (partial) Dentures... not so much...

If you have bought a D101 it means this system is 2009/2010, you can see this at the serial number of the system. It starts with D09xxxxx or D10xxxxx. this indicates the year of manufacturing. I guess the software version with it is still V4. We are releasing V7 now (starting July 1st). You can't compare these software anymore of course...

If you have taken a brand new pc to connect the scanner to, their are some drivers (camera and controller) that needs to be installed. If that is not correctly done, you will get an immediate error on startup. I can't see screenshots in the messages above but I see you mention 'only 3 targets measured', so I assume the software actually works but there is another problem. When doing the calibration you should see all the targets on the calibration plate are detected by green references. If not you need to change the exposure times and/or double check that the calibration reference file is correct and corresponse to the serial number on the calibration plate.

I hope this helps already, but please contact us via our support mail address. If teamviewer is installed you can in that mail also give us the ID and Password to connect.

For your reference I attach a link to our Manual (V6). This might help understanding how the scanner works and what the possibilities are.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vaz8em3ilroi6jg/Version 6 Software Manual.pdf?dl=0

I have just registered for this site, from now on I will try to visit it frequently.

Have a great day to you all!

Stijn Hanssen

Sydceramist

Sydceramist

Reaction score
wow Imetric gives support to there old scanners thats news!

Wait for the invoice mate!

C

charles007

Reaction score
Imetric is a really nice scanner and anyone using one should buy Exocad asap..
To continue using Delcam's DentCad is a complete waste of time......

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Mr Hanssen didn't visit since he join in...:rolleyes:

S

Stijn Hanssen

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm still here:) but not a real active member of the forum, you are right...

I'm not sure what the status is here? I don't think I have seen any ticket in support but with these alias names I can't be sure. If you have an issue, question or any concern about Imetric scanners just send an email to [email protected] this doesn't cost anything by the way. Please mention the serial number of the scanner so we can proactively look at all the details of the system.
DentCAD is no longer supported by Delcam but even our latest scansoftware is still working with it. Many happy customers that are making implant bars with it (simple folder cases, mainly in the Netherlands).
Our scanner works perfectly with exocad which is the most used CAD with our scanner so far but we are also compatible with 3Shape Dental Designer, even for implant cases. So scanning on Imetric with highest accuracy and design in DentalDesigner.

One last thing regarding the comment on invoice. Like any other company we also make updates on the software and have a fee (software update contract) for this. If you buy a used system you can't expect another company to spend time and give away their latest software version for free. So to be able to get you going on an old system you should at least get an Software update contract. But again, it starts with contacting us so we can take a look and give a good estimate on the efforts needed. Many time we can solve issues remotely and get you to work with it.
We have application engineers covering the support in Europe, USA and China covering languages like English (main); Frech, Spanish, German, Dutch, Mandarin and even Italian if necessary :)

We look forward to help you all.