Imes or Vhf?

Z

Ziad rashid

Reaction score
Hello, could anyone please help me with which one is better?
Vhf r5 or imes icore 350i pro ??

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Well it depends what you want to mill. Imes has a bit more powerful spindle, that is good for milling metal (800w vs 1kw) and it is used with either hyperdent or millbox, they seem to be more advanced than the software coming with VHF. That can come handy when milling more complicated jobs. I was also looking R5, but went with regular 350 loader. They don't make them anymore so I had to order 350 loader pro now. Maybe one more thing to consider is, that imes has been making 350i way longer than VHF their R5, so probably imes have ironed out many more problems that can occur at the beginning of making new machines.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The VHF software is not great. It does a fine job milling, but its very outdated and clunky. Have a lot of freeze up issues with the cam. However, I also have hyperdent and it is overpriced and also has its issues. Good luck finding a good hyperdent reseller.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
I am using millbox, no major problems with it when you know the software.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Does millbox charge for extra templates or to run multiple machines on one license like hyperdent?

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Does millbox charge for extra templates or to run multiple machines on one license like hyperdent?
In millbox you will have strategies for all imes machines, it does not have any limit. It also has all possible restoration strategies without any extra cost. There are different versions of the millbox itself depending how advances options you need. The yearly fee is the same for all the different versions. Also you don't have to update yearly, if you don't want, it still works. But there are usually very good updates in the software so you want to keep it up to date. If you don't update for example 3 years, then you have to pay for all the years, when updating.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ok that sounds great, I got a quote for it last week, but they couldnt confirm if it was extra for ti-base templates.

I think I will be selling my hyperdent dongle soon...

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
depends same mills no !! different mills yes !! if you dont have all postpro one manufacturer !! or postpro all manufacturer !! Millbox has now although kind of template generator vs modifier to my knowlege extra cost !! but templates for closed to every indication is inkl.

350 i pro miles ahead of R 5

Top Bottom