imes icore

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
Noticed i-mes i-core has the cocr pre sinter blanks. Looks interesting, anyone know if there is a supplier in Australia?
I am new to milling but that stuff looks ideal.
Thanks for your time

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
That plan to sell it few years ago, but still haven't..
Anyway there is lot of limitations (bridge length, also sintering can make curving..)

REJ

REJ

Reaction score
We are a dealer in North America. For us we found the limitations plus the need for additional equipment did not make sense. It was about the same cost to getting a metal machine and cutting it directly in CrCo.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Rej, I agree. If you want to mill CrCo just get a mill built to do so. Why sinter? Introducing sintering on a product that can be easily milled just makes no sense to me. Just looking for addition manufacturing problems.

Last edited:
Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I thought Imes Icore dropped that idea years ago, or sold it off to another company. I agree with Ryan and Bob. We sent out for the Dentsply Compartus PFM Bridge in NP. It was a sintered style NP bridge and it fit great looks good but don;t know how long it will last in the mouth. Intrducing sintering to a material just adds one more fault line. Why sinter when you could mill or cast the real thing.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Yes, I'm an Imes Icor distributor as well. I have no knowledge of per sintered CrCo from Imes. However, Amen is selling it into their closed milling system.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Yes, I'm an Imes Icor distributor as well. I have no knowledge of per sintered CrCo from Imes. However, Amen is selling it into their closed milling system.

That's because, they never released any info out, i think they just dropped it after years of R&D. I think Amen eventually bought the patent of them. Not sure though.

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I think you are correct to keep that extra step out of the loop.
My mind is a little bit clearer :D