imes-icore 450i all the sudden takes 10x longer to do the job.

A

alex_mex

Reaction score
Hello, would anyone know what could possibly cause 450i to take all day to do the job which would normally be done in under 2hrs?
Cut 2 jobs each about an hour, then started next one which took the rest of the day (8 hours or so). Now it takes about 8 hours for each job. Not sure what changed?
Don't believe anyone touched any parameters. Maybe im missing something.

Any Ideas?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hello, would anyone know what could possibly cause 450i to take all day to do the job which would normally be done in under 2hrs?
Cut 2 jobs each about an hour, then started next one which took the rest of the day (8 hours or so). Now it takes about 8 hours for each job. Not sure what changed?
Don't believe anyone touched any parameters. Maybe im missing something.

Any Ideas?
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

First thought is to check if the setting was changed in cam to make it do simultaneous 5 axis milling or not. That will increase the time greatly in most cases if it is set to do that.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
all imes machines have a slider at the bottom of the screen that controls the feed. ensure it is at 100% before asking questions of your CAM.

A

alex_mex

Reaction score
not sure where to find simultaneous 5 axis milling in Sum3D ?

A

alex_mex

Reaction score
I'm guessing it would be under Utility -> Machine Archive -> Select Machine ( click Change) -> Multi axes (Button on the bottom) -> Machine scheme [Tab]( Displays how machine axis limits and fixtures are configured);
Machine parameters [Tab] has following options:
[Automatic angle pair]
[Other angle pair]
[single rotation angle limit]
[interpolation angle step]
[interpolation linear step]
[interpolation for distance rapid moves]
[tool retract distance]
[Angular tolerance]
[Angle Tolerance for Using Machine Limits]

1 When creating new job you select the machine
2 import STL file abutment/crown design
3 select/create stack/blank disk/block
3 select strategies for the machine CFG file
4 Then it calculates tool-path and outputs G-code file

Nowhere in thous steps does it ask you if you want to use 5 axis simultaneous milling. My best guess would be that it uses the machine strategies, tool parameters, such as feed rates; diameters and lengths, and Machine scheme to generate best possible G-code for that machine.

Guess I'm going to look into tool parameters next not sure how they would change but. give it a go.
Are there any good references for calculating Tool Feedrates and other parameters, based on tool type and dimensions?
My tool supplier have not provided any specifications for the tools. And since has sold his business to another company so the product page is under maintenance.So no specs.

A

alex_mex

Reaction score
Does not seem like tool parameters nor strategies changed but the amount of time it takes to cut has. I'm guessing something internal. Maybe comport to USB board? but then would it cut anything at all? Something to do with timing. Any ideas?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
lets test that theory shall we? take a g code file from a month ago, and a file from a recent long job and post them in a dropbox. lets take a look at the code.

a file that takes 10 times longer to do will either have mismatching F values, or have a significantly larger block.

if there are no statistically different job differences i'll believe someone tampered with your machine.

A

alex_mex

Reaction score
Maybe Communication Port Properties changed?
It seems that imes-icore 450i uses USB-to-serial adapter which only connects to the mill Software 3DCNC on COM4
If i connected to anything besides powered usb (red USB),when i try to start to mill the file it makes jittering movements accompanied by jittering noises.

Port Settings are as follows:
COM4
Bits per second: 9600
Data bits: 8
Parity: None
Stop bits: 1
Flow control: None

Which seems as default port settings for all devices.

Wondering if there is an issue with USB-to-serial adapter or maybe port settings?

A

alex_mex

Reaction score
if someone has imes-icore 450i could you perhaps share one of your .ISO files along with tool positions and time it took to mill it so that i could try it on my machine to rule out any issues with strategies and cam design.

A

alex_mex

Reaction score
Maybe Communication Port Properties changed?
It seems that imes-icore 450i uses USB-to-serial adapter which only connects to the mill Software 3DCNC on COM4
If i connected to anything besides powered usb (red USB),when i try to start to mill the file it makes jittering movements accompanied by jittering noises.

Port Settings are as follows:
COM4
Bits per second: 9600
Data bits: 8
Parity: None
Stop bits: 1
Flow control: None

Which seems as default port settings for all devices.

Wondering if there is an issue with USB-to-serial adapter or maybe port settings?
Seems like it is jittering on powered usb as well its just a lot less obvious.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
be careful with this, you could be unplugging the axis drives while they are live. bad idea. these arent your typical usb devices.

A

alex_mex

Reaction score
be careful with this, you could be unplugging the axis drives while they are live. bad idea. these arent your typical usb devices.
I shut off the machine before i change USB plugs and then do a reboot just to make sure the port are initialized correctly.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
Let me know if you need any help. We have a 450i. We could help you out this week if you want.

A

alex_mex

Reaction score
Let me know if you need any help. We have a 450i. We could help you out this week if you want.
It would be great If you could share one of your .CAM and .iSO (tool-path generated from .cam) files along with the time it took 450i to mill so that i could try it on my machine to rule out any issues with strategies and cam design.

A

alex_mex

Reaction score
If you could post a pick or write down the Port Setting for "COM4" that would help as well.
(COM4 is the only port the software will communicate with the machine i believe, unless you know of way to change that)
Start-> type "Device Manager" hit enter -> go down to Ports (COM & LPT) extend it -> Select ................... (COM4) -> Right Click -> Properties -> Port Settings [tab].
What are the settings for Bits per second,Data bits,Parity, Stop bits,and Flow control ?
Maybe they are something other than default setting windows assigns to port.

DentalTechTips

DentalTechTips

Reaction score
Had this exact situation happen to me once! You need to enable "online-toolpath-calculation" in your cnc remote software. For me, The button got switched off by accident, probably from an accidental mouse click. Essentially, what this does is it enables a real-time "buffer" that reads and stores additional coordinates for the next steps rather than the machine reading each individual line of cnc code. Don't have a pic of it now, but I will take a screenshot tomorrow when I'm in the lab.

A

alex_mex

Reaction score
Had this exact situation happen to me once! You need to enable "online-toolpath-calculation" in your cnc remote software. For me, The button got switched off by accident, probably from an accidental mouse click. Essentially, what this does is it enables a real-time "buffer" that reads and stores additional coordinates for the next steps rather than the machine reading each individual line of cnc code. Don't have a pic of it now, but I will take a screenshot tomorrow when I'm in the lab.

Looking thought the help menu trying to find this option with no luck so far.
A picture would be great.
Thank you.

DentalTechTips

DentalTechTips

Reaction score
Looking thought the help menu trying to find this option with no luck so far.
A picture would be great.
Thank you.

Depending on your version of the remote software, you may need to enable a toolbar under the 'view' menu

Version 1.42 it should be readily accessible

Version 1.46 you will need to open the administrative remote tool, it requires a password to access.

Please see the attached screenshots.

Good luck!

Attachments

• 20190416_085455.jpg
    20190416_085455.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 20190416_085530.jpg
    20190416_085530.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 20190416_085537.jpg
    20190416_085537.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 29
A

alex_mex

Reaction score
Depending on your version of the remote software, you may need to enable a toolbar under the 'view' menu

Version 1.42 it should be readily accessible

Version 1.46 you will need to open the administrative remote tool, it requires a password to access.

Please see the attached screenshots.

Good luck!
The company i bought the machine from uses RemiCore.exe which missing all of the options to do that. It only has "File" and "?" menu. If i go to installation location it also contains Remote.exe and when i open it the menu seems to be available but its asking me for the password to use the software which i newer got from the seller. If i enter wrong password the Remote.exe closes. Is there a default password? Seems like RemiCore is the same software as Remote with bunch of options missing.