imes icore 250i

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Well....one of my concerns is the longevity of the machine. How long

will the spindle last on a smaller desktop machine milling Titanium all

day every day. They're just not made for the wear and tear Ti

puts on them.

I have some of the info, unfortunately, not all. We distribute Imes mills and operate a 450 and a 550 all day long for CA's. They come with Yager spindles. The warranty on the spindle is 2,000 hours. In the US the most common titanium product is custom abutments. The mill time on a CA's is 30 minutes. If the spindle craps out at 2001 hours you have milled about 4000 abutments. The cost of a new spindle is $8K or $2 a unit. If the spindle brakes earlier, the spindle is replaced for free. What I don't know is actual life expectancy of the spindle for Ti. However, it's unlikely it will break at 2001 hours exactly. So, $2 a unit is worst case scenario.
Some years ago we were looking at the DMG mills. Beautiful heavy duty, awesome mill. Spindle replacement cost $30K. Not sure what the spindle warranty was.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Thanks for that info Bob. Very helpful on getting my mind wrapped

around what the cost may be per unit on the Iges machines.

S

soma

Reaction score
I have some of the info, unfortunately, not all. We distribute Imes mills and operate a 450 and a 550 all day long for CA's. They come with Yager spindles. The warranty on the spindle is 2,000 hours. In the US the most common titanium product is custom abutments. The mill time on a CA's is 30 minutes. If the spindle craps out at 2001 hours you have milled about 4000 abutments. The cost of a new spindle is $8K or $2 a unit. If the spindle brakes earlier, the spindle is replaced for free. What I don't know is actual life expectancy of the spindle for Ti. However, it's unlikely it will break at 2001 hours exactly. So, $2 a unit is worst case scenario.
Some years ago we were looking at the DMG mills. Beautiful heavy duty, awesome mill. Spindle replacement cost $30K. Not sure what the spindle warranty was.

According to Imes website, warranty on the spindle is 6 months.

http://www.imes-icore.de/agb.php

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
According to Imes website, warranty on the spindle is 6 months.

http://www.imes-icore.de/agb.php
You are right. My bad, so sorry. Again, lets do the math. 6 months times 21 days = 126 days, times 8 hours = 1008 hours. Again, sorry, i didn't mean to mislead anyone.
Just an FYI, our 450 was installed in Nov. 2012 and we replaced the spindle 3-14 (16 months). The 550 was installed in August of 2013 and has been running with the original spindle. Keep in mind both these mills are used all day and very often during the weekend. The 550 is used only for titanium the 450 mill both Titanium and e.amx.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
You are right. My bad, so sorry. Again, lets do the math. 6 months times 21 days = 126 days, times 8 hours = 1008 hours. Again, sorry, i didn't mean to mislead anyone.
Just an FYI, our 450 was installed in Nov. 2012 and we replaced the spindle 3-14 (16 months). The 550 was installed in August of 2013 and has been running with the original spindle. Keep in mind both these mills are used all day and very often during the weekend. The 550 is used only for titanium the 450 mill both Titanium and e.amx.
Do you carry the DWX-4?

hdlc

hdlc

Reaction score
I got a imes 250i end of 2014, in April they had to replace the controller and now it is not working again. Does anyone have any problems with theirs or am I the only one that ended up with a Friday pm model.

Alex R.

Alex R.

Reaction score
My 250i is working 1.5 year now with no problem at all.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
I got a imes 250i end of 2014, in April they had to replace the controller and now it is not working again. Does anyone have any problems with theirs or am I the only one that ended up with a Friday pm model.

the whole controller or an ax driver ?? any electrical overload (lightning) net filter ?? or milling problems , tool break,interrupt,

hdlc

hdlc

Reaction score
the whole controller or an ax driver ?? any electrical overload (lightning) net filter ?? or milling problems , tool break,interrupt,
  1. It was the whole controler, they are now sending a new one, the second one in 12 months. I think it is something with the power supply, I've measured it and at times the 48V transformer goes up to 57V. Communicated it to imes, but they are not changing any of the transformers. So, I properly now have to wait till the new controller gives up just to go through it again..... another week of production lost. I also noted that I had to start calibrating the Axes about every second month because the contouring on the milling surface was getting very noticeable, don't know if it is related.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Did you check your mains for fluctuations/surges ? A line filter might be your ticket... How did you measure that transformer, idle or under load ? Idle could read higher then drop to nominal under load...that's normal. There're a bunch of voltage regulators on each board what can handle a large variety of input. There are many variables to look at, a dried out capacitor could easily throw things out of control as well. Not easy to pinpoint the cause without knowing the specs of the power distribution bus and without a scope... If you have a scope, check for power flatness on the motor controller board/module(s)...

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
I would add a line filter and a uninterrupted power supply class A both together 250-300 Euro than you can be sure its no external overload . The calibration data is on the laptop not sure if on the board too maybe windows kicks of the calibs and restore the old one. The accu from the laptop is ok.

deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
we have been using the reveng scanner from open technologies with exocad and have been doing all our milling with AG ceramill mills and have had great success with it. Also used the DOF scanner for awhile and that was also good choice. We had the 250i but ended up sending it back due to poor customer service. AG customer service is excellent and their response time is excellent

Top Bottom