imes icore 250i

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
We have (and distribute) the 250i. Mills e.max beautifully. Have milled several hundred units of e.max and Celtra. holds 98 mm discs and blocks on a mandril, wet or dry. Reasonably priced for a mill with this accuracy. I love it for rush e.max cases, in house e.max remakes and crowns in one appointment for local docs.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I KNEW it was about HAAS time.

OM2? That's the only one you'd be able to fit inside really.

Getting it from Scott?

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
I KNEW it was about HAAS time.

OM2? That's the only one you'd be able to fit inside really.

Getting it from Scott?

OM2 yes,

Getting it from Scott..... HELL No!@

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I was just curious. Which CAM software are you going

to use to drive the mill?

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Cool. Well good luck with it. I think you're really going to like it!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
seriously when are we gonna see someone on DLN buy a DMG Ultrasonic?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Why would anyone buy this for current dental needs? What will it do that MUCH less expensive alternatives will not!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
well... in one machine cut the ti base and the zirc abutment with no lost time inbetween; cut a metal post and a pfm almost faster than wax-invest-cast-devest; let your machine cut all day long and all night long without going through the downtime of changing pucks; probably a host of other reasons.

but surely, such a machine would far and away wow your clients more than say a 250i or a roland. not a slight to either company, they are highly respected and do their jobs quite well. but its not a robot arm!

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
For one I need a solution for bars, and dental mills under 150k either can't mill them or they don't have a solution for them.

Plus this machine in our lab will wow our customers like Luke said, it is a statement piece and I know will have the longevity to get the job done.

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
Choose WorkNC Dental , it's the best dental cam software and the best implant data base (IGES) , I explained that on DLN, remember ….

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
You don't have to have "Dental Specific" machines or CAM to mill Dental

parts!

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
You don't have to have "Dental Specific" machines or CAM to mill Dental

parts!
Leaving dental for mills is definitely an option. The is no question industrial mills will work fine for dental applications. The only problem, you are stuck doing all the integration between CAD, CAM, Mill and getting the fixture setup for dental materials. This is certainly not a small or easy task. In addition, I don't believe you will find more economical mills in industry. We now have $25K 4 axis and $30K 5 axis mills. I really don't think we will find better in industrial mills.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Well....one of my concerns is the longevity of the machine. How long

will the spindle last on a smaller desktop machine milling Titanium all

day every day. They're just not made for the wear and tear Ti

puts on them.

But, I do understand your side of it. There are great machines that

you can plug and play that work well, but I think that there are

other solutions out there as well.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
there are production reasons you could want a full size industrial mill, but you have to get your head out of just milling the teeth. its the same reasons i spoke of earlier when trying to account for the use of a 3d printer in dental labs; you have to need a continuous supply of custom parts that are not teeth. with most 3d printers under 200G's you are constricted in material selection, same with milling machines. step out of that boundary however and you can custom make literally everything that drives your business forward in Merchandising.

if all you want to mill is prosthetic teeth then spend no more than 50k.

if you want to generate a brand name that is complete with logo, custom production boxes, branded delivery, right down to the tooling you use on a daily basis in your tech's hands then spend the coin to buy the machine that can mill graphite, granite, steel, titanium, magnesium. a 3d printer that can print carbon fiber.

creatively using that to generate your brand name will be the leverage you need to be a national competitor, and international player.

Top Bottom