Imes Icore 250i falling apart

D

drstranger

Reaction score
I have a problem with my Imes Icore 250i milling machine.
The glue that holds the plastic parts together seems to dissolve due to the contact with the mill liquid.
At first the liquid tray fell apart and at some point I had to reglue all the parts of the tray.
The plastic of the tray became so brittle that every time i lift the black frame there are small plastic pieces chipped.
The next thing that happened was that the lower door broke off the hinges and it had residue of the liquid around.
Today one part of the bottom of the milling chamber came loose due to weak glue, it was already possible to see through the bottom since quite a while.
Does anyone have a solution or a similar problem?
I am really angry at Imes Icore for not helping at all.
I called them a few times, but they never help and say I should speak to my reseller in Australia who has no idea what to do and tells me to call Imes Icore.
This milling machine does a good job at milling things, but the quality of the build with all these brittle and glued together plastic parts and the non-existing support makes me really question this machine.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
The glue that holds the plastic parts together seems to dissolve due to the contact with the mill liquid.
At first the liquid tray fell apart and at some point I had to reglue all the parts of the tray.
The plastic of the tray became so brittle that every time i lift the black frame there are small plastic pieces chipped.
The next thing that happened was that the lower door broke off the hinges and it had residue of the liquid around.
Today one part of the bottom of the milling chamber came loose due to weak glue, it was already possible to see through the bottom since quite a while.
I called them a few times, but they never help and say I should speak to my reseller in Australia who has no idea what to do and tells me to call Imes Icore.
This milling machine does a good job at milling things, but the quality of the build with all these brittle and glued together plastic parts and the non-existing support makes me really question this machine.
How long have you had it?

D

drstranger

Reaction score
dont get the liquid on your hands... :eek:
It's mysterious as the liquid does not have any warning signs like an acid warning on it, but somehow all the plastic it touches in the machine got brittle and dissolved the glue.
Even the lamp on top lost it's cover twice.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
you should have kept using a technician to do all this stuff for you.then they could have delt with the problem,sorry couldnt resist.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
drstranger did you buy it from the australian reseller or did you bring it in from overseas yourself ,as its strange that they wouldnt help a customer.

D

drstranger

Reaction score
you should have kept using a technician to do all this stuff for you.then they could have delt with the problem,sorry couldnt resist.
I am a technician, not a dentist.

D

drstranger

Reaction score
drstranger did you buy it from the australian reseller or did you bring it in from overseas yourself ,as its strange that they wouldnt help a customer.
My old company bought it from a reseller and when they shut down I purchased it from them.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
2 things when you put dr in front of your name what do think people going to think 2nd that imes mill is obviously not new you are going to have to pay someone to have a look at it .it is just like when you buy a second hand car you get a local mechanic to fix it. the guys that have a new mill dealership aren't going to help you with an old mill they want you to buy a new one.either way you are going to have to stick your hand in your pocket to get it fixed.next time you post i think its a good idea to put the whole story on the line not just the bits that might get some sympathy.sorry about the blunt response even though you tell me you are a techo your post screams dentist.we [techos] are much more reasonable than that.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
that imes mill is obviously not new you are going to have to pay someone to have a look at it
you'd be surprised.

RCKSTR broke his 350, i broke my 650 and both of us within the first year of use.

i mean broke broke. i don't mean we called for someone to teamviewer and do a driver update, i mean busted broke. his was a "solid" steel shaft that snapped like a twig, mine was a magnetic rider that could not be moved, so the solid granite plate that locks the x y z axis into perfect alignment, had to be smashed to remove the rail and a new one installed.

i'm not going to say imes makes bad products, but drstranger's post is the 3rd imes that has fallen apart and seen on the internet here in the last 18months.

A

aqdental

Reaction score
Parts glued together sounds not so good .

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score

if you are NOT milling metals, maybe you can switch from the imes milling/grinding liquid to Micrylium's Lines fluid, it is an alcohol based multipurpose machine liquid to serve several purposes: keep lines clean, keep parts sterile, and cool tools. and it works pretty ok for me. i use it on my 350 and the only hangup i have with it is the fact it is not suitable for metal milling. otherwise i would use it on my 650 too.

D

drstranger

Reaction score
if you are NOT milling metals, maybe you can switch from the imes milling/grinding liquid to Micrylium's Lines fluid, it is an alcohol based multipurpose machine liquid to serve several purposes: keep lines clean, keep parts sterile, and cool tools. and it works pretty ok for me. i use it on my 350 and the only hangup i have with it is the fact it is not suitable for metal milling. otherwise i would use it on my 650 too.
I'll have a look, thanks for that.
I will post some pictures of my machine to show the issues as well.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
none of the media you have added is public.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
now its going to be very important to know exactly which liquid was used in the machine, at what ratio.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
so a new water tank 200 Euro a front door maybe 50 and seal the bottom cuts 20 over all 300 how old and your reseller cant help you ??? he sells normally sewing maschines

R

Rockmuscle

Reaction score
MY Imes 140i broke down. Bought it in 2014. I mill 3 -4 only emax crowns a week. Changed spindle the 1st time after 70 hrs of use and now the spindle is bust again. Lousy service. I want to mill only emax . Any suggestions. I am looking at the Roland DWX 4W or the AG Mikro Ic

Top Bottom