Imes Icore 250i crowns too thick and weird occlusion

D

drstranger

Reaction score
Hi,
I am just setting up my Imes Icore 250i machine and since i moved it from one place to the other i have weirdly deep lines in the occlusion. I noticed that the crown are way too thick as well.
A coping I milled was supposed to be 0.3-0.4mm thick, but the milled coping is in some parts 1.3mm thick(occlusally) and 0.5-0.6 from the sides.
What could be wrong? I am using SUM3D for the calculation.

Cheers

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
Calibration may have gone off during the move. Re calibrate

hdlc

hdlc

Reaction score
Hi,
I am just setting up my Imes Icore 250i machine and since i moved it from one place to the other i have weirdly deep lines in the occlusion. I noticed that the crown are way too thick as well.
A coping I milled was supposed to be 0.3-0.4mm thick, but the milled coping is in some parts 1.3mm thick(occlusally) and 0.5-0.6 from the sides.
What could be wrong? I am using SUM3D for the calculation.

Cheers
Do the Zero point and B- axis calibration as well. You can use the milling wax to do that, it works just fine.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I was thinking 'weirdly deep lines' as in genetics.

v3SmjzO.jpg

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I was thinking 'weirdly deep lines' as in genetics.
A few decades ago in a nearby county courthouse:
Joshua "lyin' Josh" Mullins was on the opposite side of a dispute from Joshua "honest Josh" Mullins, who's side lost.
Can't make this stuff up and be believed, only reality gets this weird.

D

drstranger

Reaction score
I have done the calibration a few times now. The problem still there.
It looks like the whole upper part of the crown has not milled deep enough.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Is it usiing all the tools it should?, or skipping one?

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score

Which accuracy has your cal lipper for calibration check less than 10 micron repeatability ??
Run a simulation and check you can although run residual simulation or upload the cam file

D

drstranger

Reaction score
Hi, I've got this cheap standard metal caliper at the moment, but i will get a more accurate one in a few days.
I had the same problems with the last few crowns. Exocad shows a 0.2 thickness and in reality it is 0.6.
I will upload the cam file after this weekend, I am very busy at the moment.
Another thing I noticed is that in SUM3D in the tool archive the 6mm ZR tool has a diameter of 3mm. Is that normal?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Hi, I've got this cheap standard metal caliper at the moment, but i will get a more accurate one in a few days.
I had the same problems with the last few crowns. Exocad shows a 0.2 thickness and in reality it is 0.6.
Another thing I noticed is that in SUM3D in the tool archive the 6mm ZR tool has a diameter of 3mm. Is that normal?
I don't know Sum3D, but your thickness thing..

Are you designing something .2mm thick? That's pushing it too far. Im guessing when you click on to finish its enforcing minimum thickness. Check your settings in DB.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
The radius of a 6mm tool is 3mm.

D

drstranger

Reaction score
I don't know Sum3D, but your thickness thing..

Are you designing something .2mm thick? That's pushing it too far. Im guessing when you click on to finish its enforcing minimum thickness. Check your settings in DB.
I have just designed it with 0.2mm for a test. When I designed it with 0.5mm it was 1mm thick.
Yesterday I milled two emax anterior crowns, which looked like teeth from a rabbit, they were way too high. I had to grind it two millimeters down.
The crown bottoms fit perfectly, just the length is odd.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I have just designed it with 0.2mm for a test. When I designed it with 0.5mm it was 1mm thick.
Yesterday I milled two emax anterior crowns, which looked like teeth from a rabbit, they were way too high. I had to grind it two millimeters down.
The crown bottoms fit perfectly, just the length is odd.
Gonna sound like a jerk, but... Not all pucks are symmetrical, so are they going in the holder with the correct side up

Just wondering if you did a hard 15 minute power cycle on it after getting everything plugged in at the new place. Weirder things have happened.

D

drstranger

Reaction score
The last few days i did the zero point and B Axis calibration. The crowns are still the same.
The crowns have this thick margin that is not on the cad design.

Attachments

• IMG_20180105_173900894.jpg
    IMG_20180105_173900894.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20180105_174025360.jpg
    IMG_20180105_174025360.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20180105_174539214.jpg
    IMG_20180105_174539214.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20180105_174615694.jpg
    IMG_20180105_174615694.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 49
cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
@drstranger you changed your min thickness of your crowns by default ?? you have 0.2 normal is 0.4 and without changing in the settings its not possible !!?? show us the stl. !!

D

drstranger

Reaction score
Here is the stl.
I think it must be a problem with the control software of the milling machine or probably the tool length measuring.
What's odd is that the calibration copings seem to be ok ( Thickness 0.52mm on top).
I called Imes-Icore in Germany, but they refuse to help me...

Attachments

• 2018-01-05_00003-003-17-coping_cad.stl
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
looks like measured stl is as thinn as expected. i can only speculate a bit i think you have to wait for their support ( imes) sometimes lame ducks their calibration way is very error prone and i dont know what happenes if cnc controller got a few times wrong zero point measurements using inaccurate tools or making mistakes.check your measuring tool at for example deep-drawing films 0.1 and 0.6 too not accurate but ok
you milled only the calibration part in the center or position 3 and 9 too ?? what about the wall thickness short and long

Attachments

• Schirmfoto_2018-01-06_125813.jpg
    Schirmfoto_2018-01-06_125813.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 33