Imagine™ - NEW digital material from Jensen Dental

K

KIM

Ratings
335 2
I did about 14 Imagine crowns so far and ad a hell of a time.
I don't mill myself and the outsource lab gave me crowns that chipped so easily that I could barely touch it. I called them, Jensen and everyone I could think of. No one shared my experience or wouldn't admit. I thought this new material is just that sensitive... Until one broke in half while glazing it. I started to freak out, complained again and had it redone. The new one was totally different and was no problem at all. So I got confidence again... until I got a call from my dentist yesterday that the crown he was seating cracked in thousand pieces while seating it. Now I am in full panic mode. Turns out that the outsource lab sintered it on the wrong cycle.
I tried to find another outsourcing lab in my area WA state with no luck. I realize that it is hard to trust another lab. How do I know that they don't cut corners. I got told over and over that they do it exactly as told by Jensen, just to find out that they did not. Today I have the lovely task to call my clients and recall all the units that are t seated. I just don't know what to do with the units that are already seated.
Subrisi:
Sorry to hear of your situation! I am glad that you realized what was causing the issue as we have had MANY thousands of restorations produced in Imagine since we started selling it a couple of months ago. You will be contacted shortly by a Consultant to provide you with some other outsourcing options if you are not able to get things straightened out with your current provider. Best of luck!

K

KIM

Ratings
335 2
We are seeing terrific growth in the sales of Imagine! (Our new highly translucent zirconia material) In speaking with many clients though, I feel compelled to share the fact that I believe our labs should be positioning this product more like an esthetic pressed ceramic than a traditional monolithic zirconia restoration. Now, I realize that that's "Relative" to each clients business as not everyone charges the same for their restorations. More than a few clients have told me they are going to charge their standard monolithic zirconia price :(. This is an incredibly esthetic product that you should be charging more for, not less! Share your thoughts on what you're doing in your business! I believe that you need to maximize the profit you can while you can before anyone starts the "Race to the bottom"!!

PCdental

PCdental

Ratings
LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know several "lab guy" with a waiting list of Drs wanting to send them work myself included.
Theres a lot of $ to be made in high end work, way more than you think. My income has more than doubled when I abandoned your business model.
I find many Drs are willing to pay good $ and wait for the detail you have abandoned.

View attachment 18031
View attachment 18032
Those are beautiful crowns. What kind of porcelain are you using on imagine?

PCdental

PCdental

Ratings
Using 3M Lava Plus liquids I do the following:
For light shades I use the following enamel Mix: 8ml of A1 mixed with 2ml W3

For dark shades I use the following enamel Mix: 8ml A2 mixed with 2ml W3

For the body shades I use the straight liquid from the bottle, not diluted.

I like to apply the body shade first. I paint two coats of body shade on the inside of the restoration and then paint the entire outside of the restoration with 1 coat of body shade followed by 5 coats of body shade in the gingival 2/3rds area. I then follow up with 4 or 5 coats of my enamel mix in the incisal 1/3rd area and occlusal table.
Thank you for the post. I have been struggling a with low value in the lighter shades when using Imagine. Since this post was written, they came out with the Lava Plus Dyeing Liquids. Do you still use the posted mix, or did you switch to enamel liquid?

CAD BANE

CAD BANE

Ratings
Thank you for the post. I have been struggling a with low value in the lighter shades when using Imagine. Since this post was written, they came out with the Lava Plus Dyeing Liquids. Do you still use the posted mix, or did you switch to enamel liquid?
Since the new Lava Plus Enamel liquids have been available, I no longer use the mentioned formula of liquids. I currently use Enamel EB for my lighter shades (Bleach, A1, B1, C1) and then I use Enamel EL for all other shades. The Enamel EM in my opinion is too dark for the Vita Classic Shades. Enamel EB has a violet look to it and EL has a little more gray in it. Imagine is already a translucent material and really does not need any more greys or violets applied to it. I would recommend trying the following procedure when shading Imagine: Start with your body shade liquid, DO NOT paint the inside of the restoration, leave it white. Apply one one coat of the body shade to the entire outside surface of the restoration. Then starting in the incisal 1/3rd area apply 2 coats of body shade pulling down to the margin. Then starting in the gingival 1/2, apply 3 or 4 coats of body shaded pulling down to the margin. Now apply 1 or 2 coats of Enamel in the incisal 1/3rd area and occlusal table. Many times I am only applying 1 coat since Imagine is already translucent. Be sure to apply body shade in the central disectional grooves and other areas on the occlusal where you would like to see chroma, 3 to 4 coats. I hope this may help!

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!