Imagine™ - NEW digital material from Jensen Dental

ts4341

ts4341

Ratings
175 3
Al... Yes, you are the exception.. I don't like what the CEO of GW had to say, but it's true.
You are a dying breed in this business. I appreciate and love your work. But the day of the last pfm is coming....

Last edited:
ts4341

ts4341

Ratings
175 3
Kim, I like your response.. You have good points!
I have been down the road with XT & LAVA liquids, very inconsistent
Shaded and high value. Maybe Imagine is different;)

Al.

Al.

Ratings
1,585 13
Al... Yes, you are the exception.. I don't like what the CEO of GW had to say, but it's true.
You are a dying breed in this business. I appreciate and love your work. But the day of the last pfm is coming.... To the others like User name... You're just an idiot, no respect for your opinions at all!!
Get into the now!!!
Marketing your self and the product is so important.
Took me 5 to 7 yrs to transitation to so called higher end work from cheap insurance type work.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

40% titanium
Staff member
Ratings
3,848 93
while User is new to doing the cam himself i actually highly respect his opinion of the finished product because he has -alone- built his home business to the point it merited new technology. that is by far an advancement few single-person labs can say theyve done successfully.

ts4341

ts4341

Ratings
175 3
Sorry User name that wasn't called for, I don't even know anything about you other than your posts. As for cheaper end work, I ve been around for 23 years and work for some very good clients, our study club is Ed McLaren and Frank Spears. I don't think Doctors in that club do much cheap insurance work. Once again User name my bad. 2m8r... Whatever Bro..

user name

user name

Donator
Ratings
3,605 47
Thanks Luke, but Im not a home business. Ive been doing this a long, long time, and in a nice (owned) building in a comfortable location surrounded by massive hospitals and medical universities.

ts4341, you may not like all my comments, but you are free to form your own opinions. You are the one who said that painting on stains is too time consuming. Quality takes that time. Regardless of the type of restoration I produce, only my best is going out the door. There isnt a coefficient for 'good enough'. My work isnt perfect, but its the best I can do. Youre not the first person Ive pissed off; you wont be the last.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Ratings
9,589 254
LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know several "lab guy" with a waiting list of Drs wanting to send them work myself included.
Theres a lot of $ to be made in high end work, way more than you think. My income has more than doubled when I abandoned your business model.
I find many Drs are willing to pay good $ and wait for the detail you have abandoned.

View attachment 18031
View attachment 18032
Your business model works great as long as you are healthy.

user name

user name

Donator
Ratings
3,605 47
how did i get it in my head you are a 1 man show working from your basement ?
I am a one man show...I used to have a few employees but I decided to go a different direction, so now I work alone. The basement inference must come from my saga about getting the air compressor down there. My building was a small neighborhood grocery store built around 1900-1910. My mom used to walk me down here when I was around 4 years old. Anyone remember candy cigarettes?

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Ratings
1,129 24
I am a one man show...I used to have a few employees but I decided to go a different direction, so now I work alone. The basement inference must come from my saga about getting the air compressor down there. My building was a small neighborhood grocery store built around 1900-1910. My mom used to walk me down here when I was around 4 years old. Anyone remember candy cigarettes?

I remember the candy cigarettes. I'll be 40 this month and remember buying them like it was yesterday. Smokin

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Ratings
9,589 254
Candy smokes were the gateway drug to the hard stuff.

Then licorice pipes to doing lines of lick-em aid and popping red hots.

upload_2015-4-7_15-14-44.jpeg

RileyS

RileyS

Ratings
1,016 34
image.jpg image.jpg Anyways.....
I got to see a crown seat of the imagine Zr. Went well. Here's some pics. I made a Jensen XT and Imagine for comparison (and in case the imagine looked like shat). Keep in mind I shade "old school" FCZ 1-1.5 shades darker. The last in mouth pic is the XT and you can see how much it lightens.
Edit: grabbed wrong pics for lab shots and deleted those. Yes I'm an idiot

Last edited:
user name

user name

Donator
Ratings
3,605 47
Edit: grabbed wrong pics for lab shots and deleted those. Yes I'm an idiot[/QUOTE]

Oh no you dont...IM the idiot around here. Whos gonna back me up?

BTW...the pics you deleted were damn nice. Post them again please and just give us a quick run-thru on the stains, brush and technique you used.

subrisi

subrisi

Ratings
25 1
I did about 14 Imagine crowns so far and ad a hell of a time.
I don't mill myself and the outsource lab gave me crowns that chipped so easily that I could barely touch it. I called them, Jensen and everyone I could think of. No one shared my experience or wouldn't admit. I thought this new material is just that sensitive... Until one broke in half while glazing it. I started to freak out, complained again and had it redone. The new one was totally different and was no problem at all. So I got confidence again... until I got a call from my dentist yesterday that the crown he was seating cracked in thousand pieces while seating it. Now I am in full panic mode. Turns out that the outsource lab sintered it on the wrong cycle.
I tried to find another outsourcing lab in my area WA state with no luck. I realize that it is hard to trust another lab. How do I know that they don't cut corners. I got told over and over that they do it exactly as told by Jensen, just to find out that they did not. Today I have the lovely task to call my clients and recall all the units that are t seated. I just don't know what to do with the units that are already seated.

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!