I'm Going Digital too

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The tips need to be manually dried after sterilization.Some have suggested placing a piece of paper over the mirror.Im not sure if it helps. Mark Berry on TSC would know.

They cost about $100/ea

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
1. Got my license/dingle/dongle/bingle/bongle linked to new practice and office
2. Got a 3shape communicate account
3. Added my lab
4. Ordered a 10pack of new mirrors (Henry Shceine rep playing nice to the new guy ~$45/tip)
5. Got the insane upgrade...it's no insane, it's slow so I think I have some settings wrong or my USB has gone bad. It's slower than before the upgrade :-/ I'm not worried about that at this moment because it still scans, just not fast.

6....staff training this week (no I'm not paying for it http://www.3shape.com/en/knowledge+center/videos)
7. I was planning to go slow with some single units....however I have a 4 unit bridge, and a tooth born partial in process so I may do a couple of "dual cases" where I pay double lab bill and do it analog and digital at same time.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
insane speed is finnicky at the mo. problems with auto aligning or autocapturing bite. not a dealbreaker, just a heads up.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
1. Got my license/dingle/dongle/bingle/bongle linked to new practice and office
2. Got a 3shape communicate account
3. Added my lab
4. Ordered a 10pack of new mirrors (Henry Shceine rep playing nice to the new guy ~$45/tip)
5. Got the insane upgrade...it's no insane, it's slow so I think I have some settings wrong or my USB has gone bad. It's slower than before the upgrade :-/ I'm not worried about that at this moment because it still scans, just not fast.

6....staff training this week (no I'm not paying for it http://www.3shape.com/en/knowledge+center/videos)
7. I was planning to go slow with some single units....however I have a 4 unit bridge, and a tooth born partial in process so I may do a couple of "dual cases" where I pay double lab bill and do it analog and digital at same time.
You could save $ and just scan the bridge,it will be fine or just use the PVS for a check model.

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
Well, i chickened out on this one and took a PVS impression. However I did scan it and had my lab print me a model and some biotemps. Also, zooming in on your preps is always a humbling experience.

Attachments

• bridge_no_hd.png
    bridge_no_hd.png
    1 MB · Views: 51
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
its good work, i could do this bridge with one hand.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Well, i chickened out on this one and took a PVS impression. However I did scan it and had my lab print me a model and some biotemps. Also, zooming in on your preps is always a humbling experience.
Nothing wrong with humble. It keeps me on the bench.:(

Nice scan, I like it when we see the same margins.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm now 3.5 years into this and this Trios 2 is still kicking and scanning :)
You have a great story to tell at the Trios Study Club Patrick.
I know there were quite a few drs that traded in their T 2's and T3's for the Itero after the IOS Royal Rumble a few years back.
I bet there are more deals to be had now that Medit has entered the market.

T

thedentaldork

Reaction score
I know this thread is a little old, however, I am trying to find some information relating to file management within 3Shape and ease of communication with portals.

Right now our workflow is as follows:

1) Client uploads .stl file into our Design Center Portal
2) Design Center downloads file and imports into 3Shape for design
3) Completed design is exported from 3Shape and uploaded back into the Design Center Portal
4) Lab downloads the design from Design Center Portal and imports back into their 3Shape for manufacturing

In an ideal world, an FTP connection between us and 3Shape would be amazing, however, awaiting on answers from there....

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I know this thread is a little old, however, I am trying to find some information relating to file management within 3Shape and ease of communication with portals.

3) Completed design is exported from 3Shape and uploaded back into the Design Center Portal
4) Lab downloads the design from Design Center Portal and imports back into their 3Shape for manufacturing

In an ideal world, an FTP connection between us and 3Shape would be amazing, however, awaiting on answers from there....
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

No problem, just fyi, we prefer to not post the same thing in multiple threads to keep from diluting the responses and respondants efforts d to let a future visitor find all the info you needed in one place.

Have a great day! Well, if you want to.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score

ok so, you should easily be able to do that with a dme and an ftp.

create a dme with your material, set up an ftp connection and credentials for your partner
they select your material, scan, and send the case straight through 3shape
you import files from the ftp and design

they'd need an ftp standalone connection to download the design and mill, but that's it.

this is all do-able if you poke around in the control panel.

T

thedentaldork

Reaction score
I am new to this whole forum thing and I am trying to navigate the best I can!!

Duly noted!!

Thank you!!

Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

No problem, just fyi, we prefer to not post the same thing in multiple threads to keep from diluting the responses and respondants efforts d to let a future visitor find all the info you needed in one place.

Have a great day! Well, if you want to.

T

thedentaldork

Reaction score
I am a little new to this world....spent sometime in a large lab hovering around the digital world but typically relied on my digital team!! Now I am trying to venture in the world of the unknown and support where I can.

I thought that within 3Shape they needed to approve the FTP connection, similar to Full Contour, Argen, 3DRPD etc. If it is something we can do on our own through the control panel I will take a peek!! I do not know that with the volume of our design center that the clients can all do a standalone but I guess I will need to dig a bit further.

Thank you for the help!

ok so, you should easily be able to do that with a dme and an ftp.

create a dme with your material, set up an ftp connection and credentials for your partner
they select your material, scan, and send the case straight through 3shape
you import files from the ftp and design

they'd need an ftp standalone connection to download the design and mill, but that's it.

this is all do-able if you poke around in the control panel.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I am new to this whole forum thing and I am trying to navigate the best I can!!

Duly noted!!

Thank you!!
Not a problem. I'm pretty non-social-media so I get how much there is to keep up with from non-contact communication.