Ill fitting bars

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I have some ill fitting bars, they are chrome cobalt, can I section and cast to to repair them or do I have to solder or lazer weld? I would prefer the strongest option

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
just curious, feel free not to answer, who made these bars?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I am trying not to eat 1700 for two new bars.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
could you not torch a small section between the implants and bend where appropriate? or is this just a hair off?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
depends how badly off the seat is, but yes.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
most of the techs here work in their garages

the only problem is getting the heat isolated enough to melt the chrome in an isolated spot. you'd need a rapid induction coil to get it pliable.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Maybe so, but most wouldn't try something as ridiculous as that. Even with some rapid induction coil the odds of getting it right are like playing Russian roulette. Are you going to do it 20 it so times until it's 'just right'? Maybe we need a rapid cooling liquid nitrogen spot emitter to adjust the implant bars?

@JKraver Everyone makes mistakes, especially with scan bodies, at least once. If you can get a reliable repair go forth, but if not chalk it up to education. Most 2 day courses cost more than that when you add travel, etc.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Send your bars to TruCrown instead : ) 727-485-7544 we have DMG mill
Hey joker, how about sponsoring the site if you are going to advertise your place of employment here? This isn't your first time.

T

taylor tori

Reaction score
Its not my place of business, otherwise i would. Just trying to help and point people to an accurate milling and design center. Didn't know it was a crime.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Its not my place of business, otherwise i would. Just trying to help and point people to an accurate milling and design center. Didn't know it was a crime.
What about the sponsors that pay to have a voice here? I'm sure you'd have a different opinion about free advertising if you were a paying sponsor here. Have some respect for this place.

T

taylor tori

Reaction score
What about the sponsors that pay to have a voice here? I'm sure you'd have a different opinion about free advertising if you were a paying sponsor here. Have some respect for this place.
I meant no disrespect.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
he's probably the one hording all the TP.

Top Bottom