If you were redoing Your smile - What ceramic material and which technician?

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Jim Glidewell, monolithic full-cast gold. :)

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
Layered on ants. & full contoured on posts.Done by my good friend & associate Mike (former tech consultant for Noritake Porc.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

S

skidoc

Reaction score
5 days before my wedding last year, I prepped my own veneers, built up veneers on model out of layered composite, and then my asst and I bonded in next day. Didn't have time to send them to a lab. But they look like porcelain and holding up well.

Greg Lutke

Greg Lutke

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I am wondering about Emax Multi (although it seems lab techs don't really use it). Seems like a dream material for esthetic - yet very strong - veneers and crowns. It seems like too much work to sprue to a perfectly waxed contact. Either way, the ability to bond to the prepped teeth seems as a unique benefit over layered and cut back FCZ.
Appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I am wondering about Emax Multi (although it seems lab techs don't really use it). Seems like a dream material for esthetic - yet very strong - veneers and crowns. It seems like too much work to sprue to a perfectly waxed contact. Either way, the ability to bond to the prepped teeth seems as a unique benefit over layered and cut back FCZ.
Tell Ivoclar you want the multi available in CAD blocks. Spruing the contacts problem solved.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Tell Ivoclar you want the multi available in CAD blocks. Spruing the contacts problem solved.

Agreed ,probably will happen at the next IDS if it is to happen at all.

Seems like any new product is saved for the "show".

Not sure if I trust anything coming out of Germany anymore though. ;)

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
We do all our anterior emax using Multi - the contacts really aren't that big of a deal...

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
5 days before my wedding last year, I prepped my own veneers, built up veneers on model out of layered composite, and then my asst and I bonded in next day. Didn't have time to send them to a lab. But they look like porcelain and holding up well.

Who are you trying to fool here? With all that money flying out the window for a wedding and extras, there wasn't a penny to be found for a lab bill!:D

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We do all our anterior emax using Multi - the contacts really aren't that big of a deal...

...as I sit in my big comfy chair smokin' a stogie while I watch my employees do it."

There , fixed it for you.:D

GetRad

GetRad

Reaction score
If I was doing multiple units. Emax layered with GC Inital Lisi. I'd do it just because I think its cool to do your own work.
Single unit? Honestly I'd probably rock a gold tooth. It's the most biologically compatible material there is, and if it's done properly it'll last the rest of your life. Plus style points.

Greg Lutke

Greg Lutke

Reaction score
What is the general thoughts on doing Feldspathic on anterior units - in your mouth?

A

aqdental

Reaction score
For lab techs. If you were have your own smile enhanced or an anterior crown replacement, what current ceramic material would you select? Layered or full contour?
Also, which lab technician would you want creating your case?
Find a good dentist first.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Dr Lutke is one of them. I just wished he practiced in Ottawa.;)
I hear he's pretty handy with a camera too.

Hey RKM lighten up on the make up, it makes you look like a tyrant.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score

I find it now easier to do a modified cutback on my zirconia than to use emax.

When it comes to anteriors, I still prefer a higher fusing porcelain such as Noritake czr for veneering.
For posteriors ,my most popular restoration is a micro layered fcz . It has become my signature crown because it is not stained and glazed like the other guys do.
We have been working on this for a year and have dialed in a process that makes these crowns just as esthetic as layred but with no abrasion or chipping risks.
Combine this with a Trios scan and it becomes even nicer.

H.Ross

H.Ross

Reaction score
Porcelain fused to high precious (yellow gold) alloy

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I find it now easier to do a modified cutback on my zirconia than to use emax.

When it comes to anteriors, I still prefer a higher fusing porcelain such as Noritake czr for veneering.
For posteriors ,my most popular restoration is a micro layered fcz . It has become my signature crown because it is not stained and glazed like the other guys do.
We have been working on this for a year and have dialed in a process that makes these crowns just as esthetic as layred but with no abrasion or chipping risks.
Combine this with a Trios scan and it becomes even nicer.
ROB !!!!!! I'm going to have to poke my eyes out now after seeing your avatar !!

Top Bottom