Identica Blue VS Degree of Freedom Scanners?

• Thread starter Nu Technologies
  • Start date

Identica Blue VS Degree of Freedom

• Identica Blue

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Degree of Freedom

Votes: 33 47.8%

• Total voters
D

dirkkk50

Reaction score
Today I ordered the Medit Identica Blue 2015, (with the Artex jig and table). The dealer here in the Netherlands did give me the opportunity to work with the scanner for about 2 weeks. And it did exceed my expectations.
The only thing that bothers me are the spec's for the hardware. The demo set was running Exocad with an Intel i5 core and a nVidia geforce 510 4gb and 8gb of memory. That's not enough, because there is a serious lag, it doesn't run smoothly. Especially in combination with my 3d space pilot.
I can find the minimum spec's for Exocad, but I can't find hardware spec's witch will give me a smooth handling in Exocad.
Can somebody give me the optimal hardware setup to run the Medit Identica Blue 2015 running Exocad?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Are you using exoscan or Medit software for scanning?
I will recommend exoscan if you are not using it.
I upgraded my RAM to 16g and scan processing is quicker.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Win 7 pro I7 forgot the bus speed. Solid state drive.
Nothing special.

Michael Steel

Michael Steel

Reaction score
we personally prefer the Identica blue it has more name recognition and and has been on the market longer

Last edited:
French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
GeForce GTX 970 and,

Capture01.jpg
Capture02.jpg

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

Reaction score
Today I ordered the Medit Identica Blue 2015, (with the Artex jig and table). The dealer here in the Netherlands did give me the opportunity to work with the scanner for about 2 weeks. And it did exceed my expectations.
The only thing that bothers me are the spec's for the hardware. The demo set was running Exocad with an Intel i5 core and a nVidia geforce 510 4gb and 8gb of memory. That's not enough, because there is a serious lag, it doesn't run smoothly. Especially in combination with my 3d space pilot.
I can find the minimum spec's for Exocad, but I can't find hardware spec's witch will give me a smooth handling in Exocad.
Can somebody give me the optimal hardware setup to run the Medit Identica Blue 2015 running Exocad?

Hello if you want a beast that can shred through pretty much anything. I put a screenshot of my workstation specs;

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
It's here!
DOF 1.JPG DOF 2.JPG DOF 3.JPG DOF 4.jpg

Can't wait to get caught up so I can play!

Nu Technologies

Nu Technologies

Reaction score

Hey Dirkadirk, I built all most of the computers at our lab (10+) and I would have to say to have atleast:
i7 processor
nvidia graphics card
solid state drive
8gb ram.

We have several work stations with different scanners however our exocad stations have atleast:
i7 4790k
Nvidia GTX 970
16gb ram
256gb SSD

And liquid cooled can help keep temps down.

We have a Xeon with 32gb ram but it just seems unnecessary to spend that much for every workstation.

Take care!

Last edited:
Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Think about projector lifespan, suspension and maintenence. DOF makes their own projector.
And 'ALL-IN-ONE' fuction is quite good.
https://dof-lab.com/
Guess we'll be the judge of that! Here's to hoping for outstanding performance and productivity! Cheers!

D

dirkkk50

Reaction score
Thanx for all the advice. I went for this configuration:
- Fractal design define r5 white
- Intel i7 5820k
- 16gb ram ddr4
- MSI Geforce gtx 970 4gb
- MSI X99A sli plus motherboard
- Samsung sm951 ssd 512gb

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
Geforce is a great gaming card but Nvidea's Quadro cards are top dog for CAD if you have money to burn. I went with AMD's Firepro m6100 cuz' I don't have extra cash for kindling. It has performed great,..very stable. I should mention that I opted for a Z-book mobile workstation. I have the need for mobility and today's mobile are every bit as capable as a desktop so why wouldn't ya'? Dock out and dash!!

17.3 Z-book
Intel I7 4960 hq
32gb ram ddr3
AMD Firepro m6100

Scrollin' and rollin' baby!!!! Burnout

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
Oh and;
Windows 7 PRO
Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Samsung 27 inch 1080p 2nd screen when docked and locked

D

dirkkk50

Reaction score
We bought Identica Blue 2015 model with Artex Jig and Table that holds articulator.
Nice and fast. But the Artex Jig has big luft (very inacurate). We tested all 5 pcs. All have luft.
This is

Finally got the Blue 2015 2 weeks earlier then expected. With the Artex jig and table and without the inaccuracies. So far Artex plates fits perfectly and the table too, going to test them next week.

DrNK

DrNK

Reaction score
Finally got the Blue 2015 2 weeks earlier then expected. With the Artex jig and table and without the inaccuracies. So far Artex plates fits perfectly and the table too, going to test them next week.
Does your jig has even no movement with splitex plate? You can see my video at the Facebook Medit Experts

D

dirkkk50

Reaction score
Does your jig has even no movement with splitex plate? You can see my video at the Facebook Medit Experts

Well I checked it today and yes the fitting on my Artex calibration table isn't 100%. But....... there is zero tolerance with the splitex models!
Don't know why the calibration table doesn't snap in place like the splitex models but I don't care.
I just need a 100% fix with my working models and in combination with the Artex articulator plate, it's giving me a super fast and easy bite registration. (Without any issues) I think , Identica did a great step forward with these accessories, it works great.