Identica Blue VS Degree of Freedom Scanners?

• Thread starter Nu Technologies
  • Start date

Identica Blue VS Degree of Freedom

• Identica Blue

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Degree of Freedom

Votes: 33 47.8%

• Total voters
Omar B. Hansson

Omar B. Hansson

Reaction score
Trying to decide which scanner to buy. I have done research on both but wanted to get any second opinions! Thanks guys.
I highly recommend DOF scanner mainly because of the fix table. It is big bonus we find. WE have a 3shape and we are testing the scanner from zirkonshan.

Nu Technologies

Nu Technologies

Reaction score
We are looking at the Identica Blue 2015 model to use with exocad. Which is faster for production? Blue 2015 or DOF? Thanks guys!

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
Freedom Scanner is superior design because it has more degrees of "Freedom". The projector orientation to the scan geometry length is important since their are distortions from the projector. The projector image is divergent with typically less distortion "side to side" vs. "top-bottom" on most commercial projector. Custom projectors/optics with collimated projection light don't have this issue. Medit and other scanners use off the shelf projectors.

Ken
But, the moving mechanism (that supports the cameras) can not be a weak point? Let me explain: the cameras in motion, they can not lose their convergence angle, disorder or suffer from constant motion?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
But, the moving mechanism (that supports the cameras) can not be a weak point? Let me explain: the cameras in motion, they can not lose their convergence angle, disorder or suffer from constant motion?

It comes down to repeatability, if the given mechanism is able to position the camera to the spot the software is expecting it to be...then shouldn't be any issues. It should have some sort of position feedback...

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
There is no one who has the new FREEDOM HD, which can give us an opinion and feedback?

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
we'll be getting ours in a month or something. actually, who knows, considering their mill was delayed for over a year. The whole process was a total joke. They wanted FULL payment on the scanner, which aren't even available for sale yet, and they couldn't even provide a solid shipping date. I don't know if they're trying to piss us off, but couldn't have done a better job.

B

Boozy woozy

Reaction score
What is the difference in price between the new freedom hd and the 3 shape D 850 or D 750 ? Anyone have an idea ?

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
..and as regards holders of Identica Blue? All satisfied? Feedback?

Timmy

Timmy

Reaction score
I have to use DOF scanner because my boss bought already, but it's much better than 3shape D700.
I never use identica but DOF is quite good choice to you too.

S

suhri1304

Reaction score
we'll be getting ours in a month or something. actually, who knows, considering their mill was delayed for over a year. The whole process was a total joke. They wanted FULL payment on the scanner, which aren't even available for sale yet, and they couldn't even provide a solid shipping date. I don't know if they're trying to piss us off, but couldn't have done a better job.
Hey Harmonylab,

Just curious, who is the reseller? It is definitely available for for sale and I'm very surprised you're having that issue...

S

suhri1304

Reaction score
What is the difference in price between the new freedom hd and the 3 shape D 850 or D 750 ? Anyone have an idea ?

Hey Boozy Woozy,

This is a really late reply... Hope it's not too late. But I would call DOF USA at 571 248 5599 and ask for Felix or Josh. One of them should be able to answer that question for you.

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
Hey Harmonylab,

Just curious, who is the reseller? It is definitely available for for sale and I'm very surprised you're having that issue...
I guess they keep nothing in stock. Looks like they're demanding full payment before they even bring them in

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Javier Ricalde

Javier Ricalde

Reaction score
I highly recommend DOF scanner mainly because of the fix table. It is big bonus we find. WE have a 3shape and we are testing the scanner from zirkonshan.

which is the result of your comparison

C

charles007

Reaction score
I guess they keep nothing in stock. Looks like they're demanding full payment before they even bring them in

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk
I couldn't trust a company like that...for support after sell..
Makes it appear there on the edge of closing their doors with one foot out the door.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Makes it appear there on the edge of closing their doors with one foot out the door.

lol , they sound like a lab.:D

Juliana McCready

Juliana McCready

Reaction score
I really love our Identica Blue scanner. I haven't used the Freedom Scanner (and it looks really REALLY cool) but I still love my little blue.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Likely buying the DOF Freedom HD very soon.
I'll update as it has value.

BDDS

BDDS

Reaction score
I can understand the concern ... however look at the opposite side of things - large companies that purchase in bulk, and then when new products come out they continue to sell the old without updating customers on the new. By being smart about your stock, you can keep the new stuff available quickly. And yes, I keep low stock on hand (Although we weren't the company in question here) - I don't ask for full payment though up front. 50% on order, and remainder on delivery and after training.

S

suhri1304

Reaction score

Harmonylab

It's going to depend on your dealer of the DOF scanner. I know each company has it's payment terms/policies. I absolutely believe 50% on order and 50% before delivery or after delivery is the norm. I am positive you will be able to find a dealer that will have more favorable payment terms.