Ideas to contain/eliminate wax spray off from steam gun cleaner.

B

bentwire42

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

At the moment i have been making a square cardboard box and lining it with pre tapped masking film painters use. Every couple months i will throw out and replace new film on the interior of the box. It's messy and a bit unsightly and i am concerned about the small particles that go airborne when steam cleaning inside the box.

Has anyone found a cleaner solution to removing wax from removable/fixed appliances before trimming.

I have seen "Zap It" which is a wax substitute and could eliminate wax altogether for holding down wires.

I have also seen a hot water gun that pours boil water that removes wax off models and appliances but it was a large specialized bit of equipment which had separate drainage.

Anyone found a better way?

H

HansundFrans

Reaction score
just us a simple water boiler and a sieve over a bucket place models in sieve pour water and voila/presto! and of day you water and wax are cooled and can be friendly disposed all economical and very clean.
steaming cardboard box with plastic bag and same ritual end of the day.
no mess at all and for the interior decorators amongst us sure you van make a nice cabinet and mount your plastic garbagebag in there close door and again no mess at all. and for the real die hard of cleanliness you can even install a ventilator in there with a filter (but will give more maintanaince:))

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Zahn sells a steamer cabinet.. You could get the idea for it from the pics, but the price is outrageous, like close to $1000

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
You could also construct a box from AC filters say 18” x 24 or bigger , the filter will catch all the wax residue and it will let the clean air out, you could change it anytime it gets dirty and it’s not that expensive probably few dollars each air filter

Top Bottom