I500 / DiOS 4.0

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Is the I 500 and the DiOS 4.0 the same scanner just rebranded? If they are the same as I believe are they warantied the same etc.

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
They honestly look identical but I cannot understand why a company would rebrand a new product.
I guess I need to know before I invest where my money is going.

Last edited:
B

basler

Not calling you anything, just wondering how you know.
I have the I500 and I ve seen the re-branded Dios which by the way even has medit on it lol they are the same.medit makes only this IOS scanner .It is probably re branding for the german/european market whatever stupid reason lol

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
It's rebranded, still Medit i500, I think in Canada since they just cleared to use that company (DIOS 4.0) logo on it for some strange reason...to each is there own I suppose. Those Canadians are a weird bunch anyways...dam, I said that out-loud!!!

• Funny
Reactions: JMN
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
I have the I500 and I ve seen the re-branded Dios which by the way even has medit on it lol they are the same.medit makes only this IOS scanner .It is probably re branding for the german/european market whatever stupid reason lol
How you like the i500?...and are you a tech? If so, why'd ya buy a I/O?

B

basler

How you like the i500?...and are you a tech? If so, why'd ya buy a I/O?
Tech for 25 years pros for 10 ... I love the Medit not as fast as Trios but no need for speed in my hands, latest update made the scanner faster so now it is pretty good.The new AI is a slam dunk for scanning implants
I haven`t used a impression in a year for fixed ,single units to all on X no problems with fit ...In the lab I scan removable to print duplicates for try ins of duplicate dentures and RPD.

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Basler has would you be willing to comment on the usefulness of the i500 for removable prosthetic? I have been told that I would be able to scan edentulous arches intraoral. Also have you ever made immediate dentures from iOS
Sorry for all the questions.

Last edited:
B

basler

My desktop Shining 3d scanner scans any removable much faster and easier then IOS.
I just use the medit since is right there next to me so I don`t have to start the desktop scanner.

Scanning edentulous arches for me is just stupid exercise for facebook or instagram or whatever crap now is popular where you post "awesome" ****.
Possible yes,easy no ,beneficial not at all...I can slap alginate and have better master cast by scanning plaster then any IOS. Tissue moves when is in contact (impression.denture base) no tissue displacement with the IOS ....

I ve done dozen arches of removables by doing both scan and take impressions... In my hands nice alginate wins every time,if I pull a pvs or stinky polysulfide not even a fair competition ........ I still take impressions for removables(3 min and done).
Fit of a milled or printed denture from IOS is ok if you are GP who does 3-4 dentures a year no big deal you will never notice a difference then a big box lab coupon denture ......... but not close to traditional methods processed dentures,fit finish and looks.

Yes immediate dentures I do those routinely now with ios especially when the teeth are so mobile and taking impression could extract some of them. Scanning large areas of gums is not easy for any scanner right now on the market ,when you have teeth here and there they act as a reference points so data can be stitched easily scanning is a breeze.
I always treat the immediates as a temporaries ........ spare donut tire in my car......... necessity but have to be changed to the real deal soon.

Reactions: JMN
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Basler has would you be willing to comment on the usefulness of the i500 for removable prosthetic? I have been told that I would be able to scan edentulous arches intraoral. Also have you ever made immediate dentures from iOS
Sorry for all the questions.
I have the i-500 as well and my experience is similar to basler. I have found lately it's been about severe gaggers. The i-500 works good in this regard where taking impressions is nearly impossible. Also, where teeth are mobile and they are a sneeze away from a handful of teeth. We scan them, then print the models, duplicate and pour in stone and then you're off to the races. We do quite a few of these this way.

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!
    Top Bottom