i-Tero system from Cadent.

SmileBaker

SmileBaker

Reaction score
Those pics were taken at the seminar..

It was interesting and some of cases are from this scanner..

itero0023.jpg

Scaning has to be leaned about 45 degree against occlusal

itero0024.jpg

in front of monitor

itero0025.jpg

Scanning one by one..

itero0026.jpg

cute keyboard & mouth:p

itero0027.jpg

The scanner is very light.. easy to handle

itero0028.jpg

two i-tero assistent guys :)

itero0029.jpg

the length of the scanner is about 30-40 cm.. I don't know Inches..:confused:

itero0011.jpg

i-Tero's conveinient articulater.. but I don't like this type..

itero0012.jpg

left

itero0013.jpg

rear

itero0015.jpg

bottom

itero0016.jpg

close up shot.. the model is not able to carve detailed facial texture..

itero0017.jpg

The model itself is made of polyurethan.. but it's carvable with regular blade

itero0019.jpg

I made a little loose on each dies

itero0020.jpg

dies after detached from model

itero0021.jpg

a model without dies

itero0022.jpg

so this is the i-tero system. It's good for verifiying margins and interproximal contact..

currently, cerec 3d machine is similar with this system. but cerec 3d use sprayed powder on to occlusal.. but this one does not.

I'm interested in comming 3M's intra oral scanner with 3-d printing technology this year.. but their price will be in range of 40 grands..

this i-tero's price is 18,000$.. pretty cheap compared to other brand..

I wish i-tero system is more precise on facial texture for next upgraded

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Wow Paul, that's friggin awesome, thanks so much.

The fit and remake factor is a major plus, however not being able to see the natural tooth surface texture would irritate the heck out of me. AWESOME POSTING

E

elizzy

Reaction score
The Itero is a great product and will eventual become common place. I think it is going to spur Sirona to develope a non powder image capture.
Bumsuk I went to your website and it had a really cool video on function. Can you give the URL address of that video so I can put it in one of my lectures.
Thanks
elizzy

SmileBaker

SmileBaker

Reaction score
That movie was extracted from the CD "Wheeler Anatomia Dental, Fisiologia y Oclusion, 8th Edition" By Major M. Ash, Jr., BS, DDS, MS, MDhc and Stanley J. Nelson, DDS, MS.. It had a copyrighted so I couldn't upload all of them.. even those 2 movies I'm very concerned to share.. but you can purchase the cd.. it's 58$..
visit here for purchase the CD
Elsevier: Wheeler Anatomia Dental, Fisiologia y Oclusion, 8th Edition: Ash & Nelson

E

elizzy

Reaction score
That is a nice little program! thank you for sharing. I think I will get one.
elizzy

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice post, great information.

Z

zmaster

Reaction score
Boat anchor/ dust collector

Im a tech at a lab that purchased the iTero system...we haven't gotten one bite in a year. We had an in lab seminar promoting the system with demos from the rep from itero. They quit cadent shortly after and I hear the company is for sale.

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
Why bother. With the new Cerec AC and Cerec Connect we can get rapid prototype models. We can design will while the models are being fabbed.

P

PBomber

Reaction score
Are those models available now?? I've only seen the demo models, not quite as as the Cadent models but look very functional nonetheless.

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
I'll be at a Patterson clinic tommorrow that is going to explain the whole Cerec Connect system and models. Should be a great clinic. From what I've heard the models are now available, I'll find out for sure tommorrow.

LGTCDT

LGTCDT

Reaction score
Hey Pronto, Can you give us an update on the seminar you attended and did it convince you to purchase?

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
We've had the inLab for over 3 years. Once the Connect is finalized it will be a slam dunk with Cerec drs. They want to use the Cerec AC to make digital impressions and they will have to go to an inLab laboratory only.

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
The models were very nice. There was lots of interest from Drs that want to use the AC to do bridges and YZs with the models. From what I've been told the Connect software had a few glitched and supposedly will be done for the begining of August. We cant' wait. Got 5 hot leads on Drs that want to use the Connect to do everything.

karabear

karabear

Reaction score
cadent

View attachment 479
We just printed this yesterday. We have come so far and for having only recently jumped into the pond, we are a promising little fish.

Last edited:
H

halfshaft5

Reaction score
As a Inlab owner since its introduction in late 2001, I have grown with Sirona, I am a inhouse lab and rely on highly qualified Dentists to send me the "Hard Stuff" to do and have been very successful, now Sirona didn't meet my expecations right off the bat with In-Ceram and Pro-Cad as a restoration choice but the last 4 years I have been burning up with YZ/Zir-Cad and Lithium dissilcate(EMAX). The Dr. I am in house with bought a I-Tero scanner and he had a ton of problems with them for several months on the billed him and he still didnt have a scanner, finally when it arrived it took another 4 weeks for them to do get training to the office so he just sent it back and then had words with Cadent and long story short they dont like each other. He has since bought a Cerec AC unit and its works great, I actually borrow it every once in a while to get the shots of deep subginival margins on some of my cases, I love it. Also being a speaker and consultant for the Cerec Chairside and Inlab systems I know that the Blue Cam is only for the Dr's right now and wont be available for a few years for labs. I have also done several Cerec Connect cases with some doctors and the models are good, a whole lot better than 3M's steriolithography system that they have but not there yet, as a template to hold the crown its good, but to finish or bake margins too, still too rough in my opinion. With all this said, I really think Sirona is got it, the "powderless" impression might be coming but with teeth acting different to all different spectums of light with different wavlengths and refraction properties, I see only a different technology going to be used to get the Powderless impression. Technologies like Doppler, and Measurable Density Imagining will eventually come into the marketplace as the scanner of choice but as for today, The Blue Cam is the best...... My $.02 worth

H

halfshaft5

Reaction score
Wow excuse all the typos on the last post, typing to fast I guess....