I present to you "The Oreo Cookie"

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Finally got all the network cables and air lines in place and dropped the newest member of our cad/cam department in place. We just received our wieland mini. First set it up and immediately found having three keyboards and mouse to be a huge pain for the current layout. So did some googling and found a slick nifty software that manages multiple computers off of one mouse and keyboard.

It is called Synergy by symless https://symless.com/synergy

Now my mini is the server and the other two pc's are the client and man it is sweet!

Original setup
20170314_171950.jpg

Synergy setup
20170315_112717.jpg

Was very easy and simply to setup and you can set hotkeys to have the mouse jump to the needed pc without having to drag the mouse across all the pc's. Also you can configure which pc screen is located to the server. So if you have 6 monitors in rectangular setup and the server is the middle one on the lower line you can set others to be to the left and the right and top or bottom. Made my job very easy and no more KVM switch wiring mess!

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Finally got all the network cables and air lines in place and dropped the newest member of our cad/cam department in place. We just received our wieland mini. First set it up and immediately found having three keyboards and mouse to be a huge pain for the current layout. So did some googling and found a slick nifty software that manages multiple computers off of one mouse and keyboard.

Now my mini is the server and the other two pc's are the client and man it is sweet!

Original setup
View attachment 25463

Synergy setup
View attachment 25464

Was very easy and simply to setup and you can set hotkeys to have the mouse jump to the needed pc without having to drag the mouse across all the pc's. Also you can configure which pc screen is located to the server. So if you have 6 monitors in rectangular setup and the server is the middle one on the lower line you can set others to be to the left and the right and top or bottom. Made my job very easy and no more KVM switch wiring mess!
Awesome![emoji4]

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

Original setup
View attachment 25463

Synergy setup
View attachment 25464

Tried it once, had a local power failure and found it very picky about the order of machines coming online. Looks real nice!

Did the Gateway still come in a cow box, or did they give that up with the 2000 at the end of their name?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Lmfao[emoji23] I think we got that from bestbuy in a bind. I needed a pc and quick for the second 4axis when we got it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I forgot about them, lol. But this gateway belive it or not has been very good, power supply went out a year ago but that is do to all the zr dust and me neglecting to blow it out.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Nice! What made you choose a mini over another master mill? I just picked up a select because my mini has been such a trouble free work horse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I see I was not the only one to bust you on the Gateway :)

Told you put a sticker over that !

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
Hi Sevan,
You didn't attend one of my lecture yet ;)
Little hint here, having 3 machine on the same table that run simultaneously is unfortunately a bad idea.
The vibration created by one machine will be transfer to the 2 others.

Be doing that you are loosing accuracy while you manufacture.
Obviously with this kind of machine you probably don't do implant work (and i wont recommend it at all) so by doing coping and bridge all cemented wont really show since you have cement and ceramics to compensate for this flaw. But at least you know it.

If one day you see a fit problem you will know where to start looking.

I don,t see the rest of your desk but please make sure your your scanner are not on the same table as milling machine.
That is the worst that can be done.

Otherwise nice lab i followed your other post!

F

FullPartial

Reaction score
Bernard,

At Panthera did you run into similar problems with your big mills? Did you have to determine how far apart and how deep to pour the concrete to compensation for any vibrations? Or are the machines so heavy they don't vibrate like these little mills?

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I have a dozen PCs I use at work. I always team viewer over to another no matter which bench I am at. It's just easier than moving around. So...
Can this work so that every PC can be operated from every PC. Or is it just one main workstation?

awhurst011

awhurst011

Reaction score
Nice setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
Bernard,

At Panthera did you run into similar problems with your big mills? Did you have to determine how far apart and how deep to pour the concrete to compensation for any vibrations? Or are the machines so heavy they don't vibrate like these little mills?

Yes in fact during the building construction we have double the thickness of the concrete slab to absorb vibration between machine but also anything that can come from trucks in the street.

The scanning room was build on an independent concrete slab that do not connect with the main one again to nullify the vibration from machine and street. We do have a little software on our main scanner to calculate vibration and it quite amazing to see how low there vibration running into (mostly air friction that affect it haha)

Best

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I have a dozen PCs I use at work. I always team viewer over to another no matter which bench I am at. It's just easier than moving around. So...
Can this work so that every PC can be operated from every PC. Or is it just one main workstation?
I'm sure this was created to control multiple pc's next to each other. The monitors need to be next to each other cause this work like dual or triple monitors on one pc. The mouse moves seamlessly across all three screens but each screen is on a different pc. So if the pc and screen is on the other side of the lab them this will not work, because you can't see the other screen so you can't see what your doings. Teamviewer woukd be better for that. But since all three pc's are next to each other with the screens in viewing distance it works perfectly.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I forgot about them, lol. But this gateway belive it or not has been very good, power supply went out a year ago but that is do to all the zr dust and me neglecting to blow it out.

The normal sized ones were decentish, the small form factor briefcase sized ones were a nightmare. Bad capacitors, shoddy memory, under powered powersupplies...

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Bernard, as always you give excellent advice. I only cut crown and bridge, zr, wax and pmma. Wet mill is in the other room on its own dedicated bench. I do how ever cut hybrid abutments and screw retained crowns and bridges. Once I see a issue I know where to start. I will cut the unit with issues with only one .I'll running and see. These counter tops have been solid for a long time.

K

KIM

Reaction score
Bernard, as always you give excellent advice. I only cut crown and bridge, zr, wax and pmma. Wet mill is in the other room on its own dedicated bench. I do how ever cut hybrid abutments and screw retained crowns and bridges. Once I see a issue I know where to start. I will cut the unit with issues with only one .I'll running and see. These counter tops have been solid for a long time.

Sevan, why a Mini and not another Mastermill? Was it the CAM that made you go that route, etc?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Sevan, why a Mini and not another Mastermill? Was it the CAM that made you go that route, etc?
Yes kim, when we got our select hybrid not too long ago I did a test. Cammed two molars and cut it on our vhf s1. Cut two molars it 34 minutes same two Molars cammed in the vhf cam too 52 minute using the .3mm for fisure. Vhf needs to run both the .6 and .3 you can't just run the .3, so that right there made a huge difference, we needed a third mill so we got the mini.

K

KIM

Reaction score
Yes kim, when we got our select hybrid not too long ago I did a test. Cammed two molars and cut it on our vhf s1. Cut two molars it 34 minutes same two Molars cammed in the vhf cam too 52 minute using the .3mm for fisure. Vhf needs to run both the .6 and .3 you can't just run the .3, so that right there made a huge difference, we needed a third mill so we got the mini.

Cool! Thanks for the explanation!

Top Bottom