I need help!

Hayden40

Hayden40

Reaction score
Hello,
I hope everyone is doing well.

I was working with a dentist who was very disrespectful and always paid late, so I decided to stop working with him. The problem is that he owes me about $2000. What is the best way to go about collecting my money without much losses or incidents?

Thank you and stay safe.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,
I hope everyone is doing well.

I was working with a dentist who was very disrespectful and always paid late, so I decided to stop working with him. The problem is that he owes me about $2000. What is the best way to go about collecting my money without much losses or incidents?

Thank you and stay safe.
The very first step is send him a statement by registered mail, when he has to sign for it, he'll get the message that the next step is small claims court. They usually pay up and you don't have to get an attorney or collections agency involved. You're only out the cost of the postage.

Hayden40

Hayden40

Reaction score
Thank you for your response.
I will do that starting next week

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I’d start an incident, but I’m like that.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Drs that dont pay ignore paper threats.. If you want the money, you gotta have a face to face. I had a Dr tell me he was filing bankruptcy on a 12K bill in a voicemail...

Hayden40

Hayden40

Reaction score
Honestly, I like everything in this field except for dentists like that. I’ll definitely keep your words in mind.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Drs that dont pay ignore paper threats.. If you want the money, you gotta have a face to face. I had a Dr tell me he was filing bankruptcy on a 12K bill in a voicemail...
We've only had to go after money three times, registered mail worked every time. Maybe we were just lucky, but it doesn't hurt to let that be the first step.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Get your money before severing ties.... If you fire him you might be kissing the dough goodbye....Consider it a (expensive) business lesson.
If your personality is up to it--- rent a couple dinosaur costumes and stand outside his practice with a deadbeat dentist sign. That'll get'cha paid.

SJ

SJ

Reaction score
face to face always works, but some of these doctors still don't pay up. Doris' method is the best way, but don't forget the collection agency fee as well... You can always go old school and put a glock to his head 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😉

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I am waiting for covid 19 to ease before I take a case I have with a dentist to small claim court, and again it’s not guaranteed to get paid.

Hayden40

Hayden40

Reaction score
I believe it’s about time to create a union or an a organization to protect our businesses and our jobs. I have seen this in multiple countries. We need to do that soon hopefully !

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
How can you create such an organization (union) where anyone could open a dental lab without education or certification?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Not just that, a union gets power only by threat of walkouts, slowdowns and strikes.

Anyone willing to close their business and go on strike?

What's more likely is labtechs unionizing against labowners.

D

David Laville

Reaction score

He probably owes every other lab in your city as well. What I can't understand is that without lab techs they have no one to make their prosthetics and appliances yet the lab tech is the first person they try to screw over.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
He probably owes every other lab in your city as well. What I can't understand is that without lab techs they have no one to make their prosthetics and appliances yet the lab tech is the first person they try to screw over.
Because there’s always another lab waiting to take their work. It’s a big world out there.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
I believe it’s about time to create a union or an a organization to protect our businesses and our jobs. I have seen this in multiple countries. We need to do that soon hopefully !
That's just crazy talk.... You got a problem... put on your big'un pants and handle it. I don't need any more ding dongs in my box thank you....

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
A collection agency cant do anything but send you annoying letters. Then they take a cut if they get paid. Unfortunately there isnt a whole lot you can do but just continue to apply pressure, and more importantly take steps to not let it happen again. Also a signed terms and conditions helps in these situations if you do decide to go to court, they can sign off that they pay your court fees in the event of a civil case.

Top Bottom