I need help!

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Don't wait, file a claim with small claims court. Let the court decide when they will be able to schedule your date. The court should still be sending out notices, which could rattle this client enough to get them to pay you. Small claims court doesn't always mean that you will get paid. What you get is a judgement that says this client owes you money. The only time that the client actually has to clear this judgement, is when they go to sell the practice.
The other method that I have used is to tell the client that I am going to send the patients a bill for the lab work that has been done for them, and also an explanation letter that their dentist has not paid for it. This may not be possible in all areas, but we are in a city that the population is small enough, that it is not difficult to find the patient's addresses. This method may sound extreme, but it has worked quicker than any threats of small claims court. The client has paid up 100% of the time.
Best of luck to you.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
The other method that I have used is to tell the client that I am going to send the patients a bill for the lab work that has been done for them, and also an explanation letter that their dentist has not paid for it. This may not be possible in all areas, but we are in a city that the population is small enough, that it is not difficult to find the patient's addresses. This method may sound extreme, but it has worked quicker than any threats of small claims court. The client has paid up 100% of the time.
That's beautiful. And remind me not to irritate you.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Oh @RDA check your state law carefully. I've been told by a labtech there that Oklahoma does not allow pt to pay a dental lab directly. Something like they need a rx so they have little need to directly deal with a lab,

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Oh @RDA check your state law carefully. I've been told by a labtech there that Oklahoma does not allow pt to pay a dental lab directly. Something like they need a rx so they have little need to directly deal with a lab,
I think the idea is the Dentist doesn't want that patient to know that $850 crown cost $78.00.

Jesse Zamarripa

Jesse Zamarripa

Reaction score
Hello,
I hope everyone is doing well.

I was working with a dentist who was very disrespectful and always paid late, so I decided to stop working with him. The problem is that he owes me about $2000. What is the best way to go about collecting my money without much losses or incidents?

Thank you and stay safe.

This sounds familiar

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
@RDA Epic way to handle that. Probably not legal in US, but epic.

Top Bottom